The upper corner of the cab has a built in 45 that solidifies that corner, the sides of the cab are where the pinch welds for the sides to the back are and the bottom corner has a negative 90 brace that covers the cab mounts. The box will get bolted into the bed as it gets built. I should have enough bracing through all of that, I hope cause I don't know what else to brace. Of anything else, I may have a crisscross brace made and bolt it in the cab but that's worst case scenario lol. Any suggestions?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Haha thanks, yeah I'm a little past it now lol. I could put it all back and get a new window but it wouldn't be worth it, plus I want my big system haha.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Figured out my battery rack design, going to have 7 total in the cab with me, with provisions in the cab walls for 2 more on either side in the future. I doubt i'll get those 4 more before i get a new vehicle but it'll be nice to be ready just in case. The rack will have 4 hold down points with 1/2" all thread through the floor of the truck with a top plate across all of the batteries. The amp will have a mount on top of the rack, maybe 2" over the rack, maybe a smidge more. The xspower charger will also get mounted into the rack and hardwired into the system for easier charging. Also toying with some buss bar ideas, a friend of mine said he would build them for material costs so i'll see what he has to offer. 4 charge lines in and 4 ground lines out, 6 power lines to the amp and 6 ground lines from the amp (12k) and up to 4 power and 4 ground lines for the 4ch amps i am thinking of running requires a bit of distribution. I do have tons of ring terminals but the bars would look better i think. Also still contemplating box designs, i have tons of room so not sure what i want to do as of yet.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Back from vacation and have my battery rack idea set. Working out a couple tiny details but here are some pictures i took yesterday while i had a couple minutes to myself.

Full battery bank ready for charging, almost

IMAG1345.jpg

Some 1/4" aluminum flat stock for temporary charging purposes. I'll have real bussbars made up for full time use once in the truck and being powered.

IMAG1346.jpg

Bars drilled and bolted in, not exactly perfect but works for now

IMAG1348.jpg

IMAG1349.jpg

Using 4 individual 1/2" all thread posts for hold down points in the bank. will probably use 1/4" steel flat stock for the top hold down plate.

IMAG1347.jpg

Monday should be the day to get the rack built. i need to figure out some mounting feet for under the rack to bolt into the floor of the truck that won't impede on the batteries sitting flat in the rack itself. Once they are in than i can button up the charging cables, and figure out the amp mounting system. Box building will than begin, still haven't put anything in pen but plenty of pencil and eraser marks.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

lol yeah, lucky number 7 i guess. Sick remix of kryptonite.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

looking great

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

Build looks badass lol

But you screen name reminds me of kryptonitewhyte which took his life a while back. So it kinda saddens me to see....

But for real, keep up the work man. Keep the name going.

Archived