Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone have any experience with a Fi SSD in a sealed box? I've never owned a Fi but know that they're solid. I'd love to get a 10" Q but I dont have room to mount it in my truck. The downfiring box I have has 6.5" from the outside bottom of the box to the inside top. The SSD has a mounting depth of 6", including the thickness of the wood. Is there enough room to make this work? Does the SSD have a pole vent? And if it does is .5" enough space for it to perform well? Box is .95 ft^3. Sub displacement is .12". Fi suggests between .6-1ft^3 for airspace so I'd be right in the middle. Powered by an AQ1200d. Would this work?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Posted

there is no pole vent on the SSDs i have mine in 1.1 ported and they seem to like it!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Posted

Don't get the high QTS option as your only limited to sealed boxes and can even make selling one with that option tough down the road if the need ever arouse.

Going for a sealed box for the time being will be ok till you can get a really good design to fit or another vehicle.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

I wasn't looking into the future, but obviously that makes sense. It can still perform just fine without that option in sealed I imagine

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

What does the QTS option offer? How does that affect it in a sealed box and how would it make that much of a difference in resale?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 537 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...