Second Skin Audio

Fi SSD Sealed?

Does anyone have any experience with a Fi SSD in a sealed box? I've never owned a Fi but know that they're solid. I'd love to get a 10" Q but I dont have room to mount it in my truck. The downfiring box I have has 6.5" from the outside bottom of the box to the inside top. The SSD has a mounting depth of 6", including the thickness of the wood. Is there enough room to make this work? Does the SSD have a pole vent? And if it does is .5" enough space for it to perform well? Box is .95 ft^3. Sub displacement is .12". Fi suggests between .6-1ft^3 for airspace so I'd be right in the middle. Powered by an AQ1200d. Would this work?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Don't get the high QTS option as your only limited to sealed boxes and can even make selling one with that option tough down the road if the need ever arouse.

Going for a sealed box for the time being will be ok till you can get a really good design to fit or another vehicle.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2