Sundown Audio

Crunch Amp Help

MayheM

i have a tech question, i just baught a p1100.2 crunch amp and i have 3 12`s 2 are punch classics and one is a memphis audio i wired them all parellel and bridged them down to 2 ohms from 8 and set my amp to mono i still need to get a rca splitter to make it full mono and i know i need a cap because it pulls enough power that it takes power away from the amp when its hitting hard and dimming everything. ive done alot of reading and just about everyone says its a p.o.s amp and runs hot wich it does get hot enough that you cant tuch it after 30 mins of heavy hitting my question is is the amp gonna burn from getting hot from running it at 2 ohms or am i over loading it or something to make it get hot? i know one thing i had a 700 watt alpine on these subs in the past and they hit way harder than the fake 1100 watt crunch on them now, they dont sound to much better than the 400watt kenwood i traded out for the 1100watt

The concerning part to me about your post is that you are running mismatched subs on the SAME amp. Also, what makes you think you are running at 2 ohms? What are the voice coil configurations of the subs in question?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

you're running a 2 channel that is 4 ohm bridged stable, at 2 ohms bridged. there is your problem.

no you dont need a cap. you need to not wire different brand subwoofers together. just use the punch classics and wire at 4 ohms bridged.

The first post for him, I was trying to be gentle. Besides the grammatical errors and the complete lack of using proper punctuation, I wasn't gonna dig too hard into his issues until he wants to provide more infomation.

*Edit- I spelled grammatical wrong haha.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Basically I think your clipping the shit out of your amp to compensate for not being as loud. And yes it's not the best made so i'd save and buy a better amp.

Turn down the gain. Maybe get another battery.

And I hope you don't have all those subs in 1 box cuz that's terrible as well

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

i almost think this person has no clue what they are doing or trolling

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

lol alot of critics

to an extent yes but we have trolls from time to time probably nearly everyday and they waste our time while we are trying to actually help them

as far as running 2 different brands of subs we consider that a no no

and if you are running at 2 ohms bridged on a 4 ohm stable bridged amp it voids the warranty

btw check around you can usually find some good deals on amps

btw i am not a fan of crunch my cousin had on in his truck and his 500 rms kicker beat it into the ground with the bass

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps