First ever car accident.

Also, newer cars are meant to fold up like that. Newer cars have crumple zones to help absorb the impact, so they fold up and take the brute of the force instead of the passengers inside the car. Helps save lives.

Also, to me that looks like that is either your A/C condenser or a transmission cooler. A heater core is inside the dash. If that was my car I would take the check that the other guys insurance company gives me an fix the car. Doesn't look too bad. They are probably going to tell you to go to a shop and get a quote on how much it is going to fix it. So with that list of parts that are broken, need to be replaced. With that list you can get an idea of what is wrong, and what needs to be replaced.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

I kinda figured, all fiberglass car < All Steel SUV

It was in a 55 mile an hour zone, and we contacted less than 10 feet from where he U-Turned. Don't know how much I slowed down between when I hit my brakes and then him, but I'd imagine it was somewhere between 35 and 45.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

The lady from the other guys insurance, over the phone, told me it sounds like it might be a total loss. They're gonna send out an insurance adjuster to take a look at it.

I'm thinking if they do total it out, use the money they gave me to buy my truck back, and also get a smaller more fuel efficient car. I'll leave my truck parked under the car port while I fix it up, and maybe soup it up, to use as a second vehicle when I make more money.

After further analysis, it looks like these are the things I'll need to replace:

Front bumper

Hood

Passenger fender

Transmission cooler

that plastic cover that covers the lower radiator

Light housing

Headlight brace

Grill

Fog lamp housing

It doesn't look like my radiator is damaged, but it's possible.

My frame where it meets the bumper might be slightly bent, but the other side got no damage and it looks like it might just be meant to bend up like that

I'll probably get all the rust spots fixed, and the whole truck repainted. Probably a solid Navy or Metallic Blue. Maybe two-tone.

Oh, and a wall, probably 4 15's, maybe 4 18's if I can manage them to fit. :P

There might be more, but it doesn't look TOO terrible. I'm sure that with enough elbow grease and a few parts it can be fixed.

Repairs estimated at around $5000. Over 80% of the value. Total loss.

I would of been perfectly content with that, if I could buy back the salvage and fix it back up, maybe for around 1-2 grand. But Florida law states that a vehicle worth over 1,500 can only be sold back as non-rebuild-able, parts only.

I guess it's time to start looking for a new car. I'm hoping to get my Kelly Blue Book value ($5,800).

But the most important thing is, no body got hurt. And I could possibly be getting something good out of it.

Lol, I wanna drive something presentable, gonna get a second job soon to pay for my audio addiction. :P

Been looking at cars at my local dealership, my truck is selling for 2800-3800 in my local area so I'll probably only get around that much unfortunately.

Whatchu guys think? 8)

5th one down, 2001 Marquis

If it's as good as I hope it will be, it'll be a tank I'll feel safe in, get better fuel economy than my Mountaineer (14 city, 18 highway vs 18 city, 24 highway), be very comfortable, and have plenty of room for bass! :P

Archived