_Vince Posted July 22, 2012 Report Posted July 22, 2012 What's up everyone, I finally have some time to start fiberglassing my doors to put some mids and 1 or 2 tweeters in them but I wanted to see what you guys think I should do. I know I'm going with Sundown NeoPros and Beyma 1" Compression Tweeters to match the ones on my wall. What I want to know from you guys is if I should go with 6.5" or 8" NeoPros and 1 or 2 of the tweeters. I also photoshopped up a quick layout of what I think would look good as well as sound good. If you guys have a better design, let me know! By the way, I have a Toyota Tundra. Pics and detail in this thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/146696-debuting-my-custom-11-tundra/page__fromsearch__1 2 8" Neopros & 2 1" tweeters 1 8", 2 6.5" Neopros and 2 1" tweeters
White Lightning Posted July 22, 2012 Report Posted July 22, 2012 If it was mine, I would install one tweeter into each sail pannel instead of low in the doors ... just saying Best of luck with this project Sir ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
_Vince Posted July 22, 2012 Author Report Posted July 22, 2012 If it was mine, I would install one tweeter into each sail pannel instead of low in the doors ... just saying Best of luck with this project Sir ... I would, but the tweeters I want to use are about 3" deep lol. I want to go with them because they're sounding great behind me. But thanks!
Chris Davis Posted July 23, 2012 Report Posted July 23, 2012 Well if not into the sail since there 3 inch deep why not glass them into the A pillars? cause needing only 2 will save ya money lol.
_Vince Posted July 25, 2012 Author Report Posted July 25, 2012 Well if not into the sail since there 3 inch deep why not glass them into the A pillars? cause needing only 2 will save ya money lol. Good point lol, gotta keep that in mind. Got a question guys: If I was to do an 8" and 2 6.5" in the doors, like the 2nd photo in OP, will all speakers need to curve towards the center of truck?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.