Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer options/Limited space for ground pounding bass

straight from the obsidian site

Ported ~ 4 to 6 ft^3 @ 28 to 32 Hz

small boxes my ass. he doesnt have space for 18's. enough fucking said.

1 sub foward 1 sub up internal aeros to the side or back and manufactures specs dont mean shit enough fucking said.

why would you want subwoofer firing in different directions like that?

sorry, but im going to trust the guy with more experience

edit: the guys over at obsidian have done hands on testing upon testing with their subwoofers. im sure they know what they're talking about when it comes to size requirements for their woofers. why you wouldn't listen to requirements from a company like that is beyond me. we're not talking about alpine for gods sake.

straight from the obsidian site

Ported ~ 4 to 6 ft^3 @ 28 to 32 Hz

small boxes my ass. he doesnt have space for 18's. enough fucking said.

1 sub foward 1 sub up internal aeros to the side or back and manufactures specs dont mean shit enough fucking said.

why would you want subwoofer firing in different directions like that?

sorry, but im going to trust the guy with more experience

edit: the guys over at obsidian have done hands on testing upon testing with their subwoofers. im sure they know what they're talking about when it comes to size requirements for their woofers. why you wouldn't listen to requirements from a company like that is beyond me. we're not talking about alpine for gods sake.

it works ever took a look at the street5 world champs box subs foward and up 4 15's in 6 cubes external aeros...

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

it works ever took a look at the street5 world champs box subs foward and up 4 15's in 6 cubes external aeros...

small box = peakier setup. it was probably built to play one note. there is a difference between a daily box and a comp box.

so what if you have 800 more posts than john? post count means nothing. just because i have like 13k posts, doesn't mean im the smartest man in the world.

small box = peakier setup. it was probably built to play one note.

so what if you have 800 more posts than john? post count means nothing. just because i have like 13k posts, doesn't mean im the smartest man in the world.

was loud below his peak...wasnt saying im more because my post count, You dont know me so i wouldnt assume i have less knowledge

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

whatever. the point is, stick to the box requirements given by companies. almost all of the time, they're correct.

im telling you, from my experience on this forum, john great designs and knows full well what he's talking about.

whatever. the point is, stick to the box requirements given by companies. almost all of the time, they're correct.

im telling you, from my experience on this forum, john great designs and knows full well what he's talking about.

Disagree about the box requirements from experience but this will be the last thing i post in here

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

I'll say one thing

Wait for the plaintive to set in and reasses what he is aloud to use,

If it more then so be it and 15's+ it is,

And it not then 12's it is

But don't forget he has 2 Amps both 500rms and no-strapabul so need indervigaly boxes not common chamber

Thanks for keeping it real Kranny, I appreciate it. Im new to the game and just looking for some insight on a solid subwoofer that will perform well on 1000 watts. Thanks again

I've liked my Powerbass L-Series 15in subs, they take the 1100w I throw at them daily very well and only require 3 cubes ported. Sound good and get nasty low, loud enough to impress friends not competition worthy or close to a true ground pounder.

I'm gonna hate

Archived