Second Skin Audio

box for RE Audio SXX15

I missed the one on the 45s, they take away some airspace and have not consistently proven to be necessary (those shown in the port turn do help though), I will rephrase on the double baffle answer, remains your option to do a single baffle (it will not take away 0.5 cubic feet though if that was the case I would do a single baffle also). Can't see a Torres screenshot sorry.

Edited by Joe X

I missed the one on the 45s, they take away some airspace and have not consistently proven to be necessary (those shown in the port turn do help though), I will rephrase on the double baffle answer, remains your option to do a single baffle (it will not take away 0.5 cubic feet though if that was the case I would do a single baffle also). Can't see a Torres screenshot sorry.

Thanks for all your help. I had some trouble deciding but you made it easier for me. I'll be going for the single baffle, but will do the all 45s for some reinforcement. I also have another question, but the topic is totally unrelated.

As I mentioned, I have a Camry with JBL integration. I am using the factory speakers but want to add aftermarket speakers using a 4-channel amp and my only option is to use high-level input to get a signal to the channels of amp. The problem is that the speaker is not a single 2-way speaker, but they are component set. I can only get the signal from one speaker, either the tweeter or woofer, to one channel, like this, so the channel can only pay highs (if I got the input from the tweeter) or lows (if I got the input from the woofer). How can I get a full frequency signal to a channel when they are separated like that? Is it possible to just take both positives and both negatives (from the tweeter and woofer) and wire it to the one channel?

I know this question is out there so I may have to repost this in the amp forum; I was just wondering if you knew.

Edited by caraudionoob

45s are show to hurt peoples score, if you are building a box just for music, 45s are not necessary, but you want the box as strong as possible, and signs of flex so loss of pressure= loss in output.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Thanks for all your help. I had some trouble deciding but you made it easier for me. I'll be going for the single baffle, but will do the all 45s for some reinforcement. I also have another question, but the topic is totally unrelated.

As I mentioned, I have a Camry with JBL integration. I am using the factory speakers but want to add aftermarket speakers using a 4-channel amp and my only option is to use high-level input to get a signal to the channels of amp. The problem is that the speaker is not a single 2-way speaker, but they are component set. I can only get the signal from one speaker, either the tweeter or woofer, to one channel, like this, so the channel can only pay highs (if I got the input from the tweeter) or lows (if I got the input from the woofer). How can I get a full frequency signal to a channel when they are separated like that? Is it possible to just take both positives and both negatives (from the tweeter and woofer) and wire it to the one channel?

I know this question is out there so I may have to repost this in the amp forum; I was just wondering if you knew.

Obviously you need someone who has direct experience with that JBL system but the idea is to take the signal before it becomes crossovered, if you just join cables unpredictable results may follow by feeding the output stage of one amplifier to the other. You may however just feed the amplifier with the incoming signals and use that to power aftermarket components BUT results would be likely bad since the crossover frequencies may be different for the afternarket comps. Honestly I would just remove all stock stuff and place my own HU and be done with it.