Second Skin Audio

custom BL18 box built to spec sounds like crap

ncc74656

your thinking about this way to much, give us some max measurements that the box can go in , then some one can give you something to go by.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

the dims can go up a good 2 inches in all directions and up to another 10" in width if absolutely necessary. so back off the wood thinger over the sub and have the sub firing forward between the seats being off set to one side of the box or centered in the box and fire upwards?

what differences are there in multi vs single port boxes?

nothing, gutted

oh and how many watts will you be putting to your sub?

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

the way speakers produce audio; the box is the resonating chamber but the front cone is what pushes the air towards the listener. so if this is blocked off sound would be muffled right? loss of quality? or does this not matter so much being that its all bass?

is there a certain distance of air travel time a wave needs to reproduce a certain note? say if there is 1" of space in front of a sub it can only produce up to a 30hz note and for a 80hz note it would need 10"? is there anything like this to sound/sub design or no?

Stop attempting to make the "port" on the front wave of the woofer work. Just try a simple box first and then get into bandpasses.

How much power and what do you listen to usually? Do you want this thing to just slam the lows or do you listen to things besides rap/C&S/EDM?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i realize i may be thinking to far into this but i really want to understand every aspect of the sound reproduction, bass production, sub specs, ect. im someone who when taking anything to a professional, whether it be a car, computer, building contractor; I want to know and understand every aspect of what they are doing along the way.

nothing, gutted

I am powering it with a kicker ZX 1500.1 2008 model. i mostly listin to techno, trance, stuff with long rolling bass beats and high vocals. some dubstep comes in there and a limited amount of rap. also some main hit radio songs, niki manaj, katty perry, along side the tiesto, ferry corstin, morgan page stuff.

nothing, gutted

I am powering it with a kicker ZX 1500.1 2008 model. i mostly listin to techno, trance, stuff with long rolling bass beats and high vocals. some dubstep comes in there and a limited amount of rap. also some main hit radio songs, niki manaj, katty perry, along side the tiesto, ferry corstin, morgan page stuff.

I think i got an idea of what you want, give me some time to model some things up. Im no audio pro, but ill give a shot at designing something that is more likely to work. I dont have much experience with trucks, but from what ive seen, sub up port to side works pretty well.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived