Sonic Electronix

wall losing major output with one door close,why?

Hi I've been doin several test on my boy tahoe and wasn't scoring good, until lasnight we were playing some songs with both doors open and it sounded sweet until he closed the passenger door sounded like it drop about 2-3 db....what could be the cause of this...2 btl in 12cubes 200sq port powered by stetsom 14k

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

Car acoustics are a bitch.

Friends car loses output when you roll windows down. My truck gets louder front windows down only. Open doors output drops...sealed output drops. Rear window open output drops. Only driver side window down is louder than both front windows open. If i play with my windows up and down it seems to be loudest witht the window on drivers side half way up...all others sealed.

You just have to figure out where you are the loudest and go wtih it.

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

loudest with both doors open? thatd be different...but like stated acoustics are a bitch..my truck is loudest with drivers door open and the drivers window down...sealed up it falls on its face lol

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I think what Alpine meant was your box does not make a complete quarter wave until you open the doors. Which will make it louder. This exact same thing happens with the Caprice Pat Stone built. With the trunk down it does a 147 but if you open the trunk it does 150's all day. The sound waves aren't completely forming until we open the trunk is what I was told. So this sounds like the same thing you are experiencing.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

i have seen it happen before in a trailblazer but it wasnt a wall it was sub and port up it would not get loud until the hatch opened but after it being walled the problem was gone and the box went into someone else ride and was loud as hell.

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41