Second Skin Audio

Which Sub for my setup?

Ok so I have a Soundstream Rub1600.1 amp, with stock battery and alternator. I plan on doing big 3 tomorrow and getting a new battery in the very near future. I currently have a 12" DJL Pops subwoofer in a prefab box (waiting to get a nice sub for a custom box). I also have a Pioneer Appradio. What subwoofer would you recommend? I have a 2003 Monte Carlo SS so I have quite a lot of trunk space.

Edited by MonteCarloBass

The biggest problem that I see it the power you have v's you budget

You could get a single 15 but not rated that high unless you bring the $$$ up to 250

Dual 12" closer to 200-250 and good for 1000+

Or even 4 10", good for the power but you'll need 200 even, so it's in you budget

You'll get 4 re rex10 d4 for 200 giving you 1000@ 2ohm

If I were you idd put down some meserment so you no what you have to work with, then pick from that

Edited by john253a

The biggest problem that I see it the power you have v's you budget

You could get a single 15 but not rated that high unless you bring the $$$ up to 250

Dual 12" closer to 200-250 and good for 1000+

Or even 4 10", good for the power but you'll need 200 even, so it's in you budget

You'll get 4 re rex10 d4 for 200 giving you 1000@ 2ohm

If I were you idd put down some meserment so you no what you have to work with, then pick from that

I know, I was lucky to get the amp for only about $100 pretty much brand new. I'll look into the 10's though and make measurements.

You don't necessarily have to get a sub that is recommended for that power. You could always go a little lower on the sub and just tune the amp to not put out that power.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

You might take a look at a Sundown SA 8". They have good output at low wattage and they are fairly cheap.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

You might take a look at a Sundown SA 8". They have good output at low wattage and they are fairly cheap.

they have also been known to be able to take a beating. They are some great efficient subs