boomin' brick 93' Volvo 240 build (4) 10's - Update: 6-20-14 EQ Install w/Build Pics

I got a present from FedEx today

IMG_1715.jpg

hell yeah I have my very own DD-1, bought it for myself as a birthday present. I gave the brick a quick tune and I'm pretty impressed with the results.

lets just say for now, that back then, they weren't so worried about having "clean" power hahahaha pretty close to half way up on the 4 channels gain was max undistorted power and the sub amp was about a third of the way up on the gain. its pretty sad thats all that amp has, for max undistorted power, but its ok because my subs cant handle a lot of power anyways hahaha

it still hammers pretty good and now i wont have to worry about destroying my subs, no square waves for me :)

Hahaha

Thanks a lot man. The sad part is that I put both these amps in a buddies car when they were brand new. Damn I feel old sometimes lol

Hahaha, I felt just the same when I installed my old system in my rebuild old car... nothing fancy, just some old stuff I couldn't part from. :D

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

This build Is awesome. I like the use of the old school amps in the old school ride. I haven't seen that Alpine link in 8 years. Keep it up, good work.

Thanks man. I really didn't want to use the link (both amps and the link are a different shades of grey) but since nobody has them anymore I figured I had to lol

Hahaha

Thanks a lot man. The sad part is that I put both these amps in a buddies car when they were brand new. Damn I feel old sometimes lol

Hahaha, I felt just the same when I installed my old system in my rebuild old car... nothing fancy, just some old stuff I couldn't part from. :D

Yeah I hear what your saying, I can't sem to get rid of any stereo gear lol I just kept collecting it over the years and now I can't bring myself to sell it hahahaha

Another present from FedEx today

IMG_1717.jpg

Yeah boy my CC-1 arrived today and i cant wait to use it.

Sorry for the lack of updates but things are finally starting to settle down, so in the next couple weeks I should be getting back to work on the brick.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived