Argument: Fosgate 1/0 vs. Knukonceptz Kollosus

The whole, "Been in the industry for 18 years, never heard of them, can't be that good." thing is just getting old.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

i think you got a steal of a deal , i paid $240 for the big rf 0 gauge dual amp kit , but it did come with patch cords and speaker wire and terminals . i am fairly confident that rf's wires are excellent quality . the fact that running rf's wireing buys you another year of warranty on their amp should mean something ?

Thats cool bro.... very cool.. have you been happy with the results?

Yeah the warranty is if it is installed by a RF AD. But, both my amps are SONIC covered....no worries..

My junk,....

And after using the RF TWISTED sig cables....... I will not ever be using anything different....... (thanks again TONY!!! )

ya know the funny thing is that up until today i was running a 4 channel amp off that big 0 gauge . finally got my subs in today and for haveing a mono block ratde 1000 watt rms @ 1ohm i have minimal voltage drop or dimming of the headlights . up until this build i have ran only 4 gauge . not sure if the 0 is helping or what , runnign 4 gauge with an alpine mrp-m500 would sure dim headlights baaadddddd

I did not notice a huge difference from going to 4 ga, to 0 ga, UNTIL I added 2 more grounds off of my battery, then it was light dim city

XS-power1.jpg

my headlight dim was solved by adding 2 more 0 gauge grounds of Knu Kolossus OFC to my engine block for a total of 3 0 gauge grounds form engine. 1 from bat

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

The whole, "Been in the industry for 18 years, never heard of them, can't be that good." thing is just getting old.

I have been attending comps on a regular basis, the audio shops keep hosting the events, all the audio shops carry traditional audio equiptment, JL, RF, pioneer, memphis, kenwood, mtx alpine and a few others,

i'd say only 1 or 2 cars entered are running equiptment available at the stores, pretty much everyone at the events are running DD audio, DC, Sundown, incriminator, crescendo, Ascendant Audio, AQ audio ECT....

And there are reasons for this,

the people entering these compitions push they're stereos to the limits on a regular basis, the brands I bolded and underlined above prove to be very reliable in a compitition style setting where the equiptment can be pushed to its limits on a regular basis, and then go pound daily listening all day long with little to no issues.

Ive been a limit pusher for many years, Until I started running the higher end high grade equiptment, when I ran the traditional everyday equuiptment I listed above, I can't even count how many times I made visits for warrantee coverage. Which is fine, but getting something that will last and take abuse at the start will prevent later on hassles. Because warrantees run out.

I have ran so many different systems in the last 15 years that I learned that there are many "disposable" brands out there, where you will find yourself constantly replacing things over time.

Now, not to say the above brands do not have lines of product that prove to be reliable, but for the price they charge, you can get one of the bolded and underlined products for less and will usually out perform drastically

XS-power1.jpg

I have been attending comps on a regular basis, the audio shops keep hosting the events, all the audio shops carry traditional audio equiptment, JL, RF, pioneer, memphis, kenwood, mtx alpine and a few others,

i'd say only 1 or 2 cars entered are running equiptment available at the stores, pretty much everyone at the events are running DD audio, DC, Sundown, incriminator, crescendo, Ascendant Audio, AQ audio ECT....

the people entering these compitions push they're stereos to the limits on a regular basis, the brands I bolded and underlined above prove to be very reliable in a compitition style setting where the equiptment can be pushed to its limits on a regular basis, and then go pound daily listening all day long with little to no issues.

Ive been a limit pusher for many years, Until I started running the higher end high grade equiptment, when I ran the traditional everyday equuiptment I listed above, I can't even count how many times I made visits for warrantee coverage. Which is fine, but getting something that will last and take abuse at the start will prevent later on hassles. Because warrantees run out.

I have ran so many different systems in the last 15 years that I learned that there are many "disposable" brands out there, where you will find yourself constantly replacing things over time.

i bought 2 alpine motors and i called for recones, they said they considered the type r disposable and they couldnt do anything for me. had to buy a brand new one. thats why we all go to these "superior" "durable" companies to be able to withstand what we like to do with them.

people with a closed mind will lose out in the long run. the human race comes up with better stuff every day and every year. we are always trying to beat the old product or another competitors product. so living in the past wont do you any good in most cases

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I'm surprised this thread is still up with "vs" in the title...haha...good info to know though

if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned.

If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick.

It just does not make sense at all.

i bought 2 alpine motors and i called for recones, they said they considered the type r disposable and they couldnt do anything for me. had to buy a brand new one. thats why we all go to these "superior" "durable" companies to be able to withstand what we like to do with them.

people with a closed mind will lose out in the long run. the human race comes up with better stuff every day and every year. we are always trying to beat the old product or another competitors product. so living in the past wont do you any good in most cases

Yea, the type R is a good sub for the money, but only for so long, I found that out over the period several installations in different applications. But this same sentance could be said for many subs in this price range. There is a a certain level before real reliability kicks in.

Now, if your running reccomended power, and have your amps lp and hp filters set at a restricted level where the subs wont have the ability to heat up to high levels then sure they can be reliable, but that always turns into, "how can I make this louder than this" then the abuse starts, or exceeding the woofers original intentions

Now I am speaking for many, if the sub says 750w RMS, we give it 1000, or fuck it, 1500, lets see what this subs really does right? lol, the brands most of us are running are built for people like us. they can be overpowered on a regular basis, give us headaches then we go home take 2 painrelievers and hop on the SMD forum to see whos smashing what and how.

and also, $40 for a spool of RF 0ga is crazy cheap, I'll take 2 please

XS-power1.jpg

I'm surprised this thread is still up with "vs" in the title...haha...good info to know though

My thoughts exactly. I mean it isn't and on the contrary is pretty educational, but still it has vs right in the title haha.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

yup

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

This is what is all through out my car,...Only 2 runs, front to back, (A Ce auto kit does my charging demands) ... and, it sucked balls running, and stashing it,

... man,...... now im trippin a bit that it isnt all that..... oh well,....... it was very flexible, and seemed like a dream to me?...... but, again, i dont know much about this end of the deal.

kk014.jpg

$40 for a spool of RF 0 gauge is ridiculous. I paid $120 for 23 feet of red RF and 10 feet of black RF 0 gauge. I paid triple what you paid and got a little more than half the wire LOL. Most people selling those spools on ebay want $200, so about $4/foot.

Vehicle: 2007 GMC Denali

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-8400BH

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp

Sub: Ascendant Audio Havoc 12"

Electrical: Big 3, Dual Batteries, Stock 160-amp alternator

Wiring: RF 0 gauge

Box: Custom built 1.89^3 net

Archived