Every gains setting post on the internet says to set the tone controls and eq flat and turn the loudness off, when setting gains. This is not the way i listen to my system, so why would i want to set my gains this way. Why not turn the tone controls up full and the loudness on, then set the gain. this would be like a worst case scenario i would think.

Then when you use the loudness control or adjust your tone controls you won't be clipping because the gain was already set with these maxed out.

If you turn everything up you will get crazy amounts of clipping, so when you turn it down again the gains are going to be set to low and you will lose output. I recomend setting them how you like, then tune it.

are you using a dd1 to tune? or the earometer?

Also I think loudness increases clipping alot and shouldnt be used if helped. thats just what ive read anyway

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

The point to having the eq to flat is because then the frequency that the dd-1 reads at (1khz & 40Hz) will not be way higher or boosted compared to the rest of the spectrum. This is why 90% of the people on here that know what they are doing and have no desire to burn up their gear NEVER use bass-boost, loudness or crank up the living hell of their eq settings. To better explain this for you think of it like this... If you set your system with it all flat and the loudness off you will have a pretty flat equalizer response curve. This means that throughout the entire frequency spectrum that your headunit and amp can play they are all at the same level. Now lets turn up the loudness setting on your radio. Loudness will take the low end (usually around 30-60Hz) and boost their responses as well as the high end (usually around 1khz-3000khz) and boost their response as well. The problem with this is that all the frequencies that lie in the middle (lets say 60-1khz) are not boosted and they will not play as loud as the ones that were boosted. If you set your gains with the dd-1 with loudness and all your other crap turned way the hell up which is wrong then it will make the other frequencies that are not boosted get drowned out because the dd-1 will care more about making the specific tone you selected to set the gains with as perfect as it can be.

So to end this, set your radio to flat and turn off that loudness. Set your system with the dd-1 and leave all bass-boost settings, loudness to OFF and keep the eq settings flat. Take it from me, i used to love how my system sounded with the loudness up and just a bit of an eq tweak. Then i got the dd-1 and cc-1 and since then i have kept the loudness and eq to flat and i love the response i get in my music because of it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress