Second Skin Audio

SA-15 Box Help..

For aero ports this can work:

mrdaero.jpg

2x15PUSB.jpg

Best on around rated power.

Hey Joe, glad u chimed in. Last box u designed for me was cool but those VFL's werd crap. So those are 6" port tubes? Is there a flare in there?

For across the bottom slot port this could work:

mrdev.jpg

mrdbottom.jpg

Enclosure Specifications:

External Height = 20 in

External Width = 36 in

External Depth = 31 in

Port Width = 28 in

Port Height = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 36 x 31

Left & Right Sides = 29 1/2 x 17 3/4

Front & Back = 36 x 17 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 22 1/4 x 29 1/2

Port Left Side Assembly:

22 1/4 x 4

Port Right Side Assembly:

22 1/4 x 4

Hey Joe, glad u chimed in. Last box u designed for me was cool but those VFL's werd crap. So those are 6" port tubes? Is there a flare in there?

Yes from Torres you can see they are 6", Flared though are just available to 17 long. So check out the slot ported one.

Sorry that subs were no good.

Yes from Torres you can see they are 6", Flared though are just available to 17 long. So check out the slot ported one.

Sorry that subs were no good.

Yeah those VFL's were old and were treated bad from previous owner. Got my hands on some real nice SA-15's from Skar!. So just go with the bottom port then again?

I really like vertical ports since avoid bracing is just that you are not wide enough to fit it and give proper port area. If you are willing to use standard PVC pipe and flare it yourself can do aeros is just that it may not look very nice.

Hey Joe, u got an internal view of that box? Trying to see how u got that port laid out. The other box was just one flat piece of MDF

Hey Joe, u got an internal view of that box? Trying to see how u got that port laid out. The other box was just one flat piece of MDF

Sure:

mrdbottomTR.jpg

Also I would personally tune higher but each to his own.

Thanks a bunch! But the SA's call for 32hz so the tuning in this box would be sufficient I think. I listen to all rap and slowed music.