Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer options

KenC210

So i am going to start a build next month in my wifes 2012 corolla. I want to custom make a box for either 1 or 2 subs. I will place each sub in a custom made box at the corner part near the bumper. I most likely i will leave it sealed, Unless plans change when i get started on the build. So i am asking what are some good options on subs that sound well in sealed box. Probably around 300 watts for the sub. I plan on doing a 5 channel amp setup so i am also still unclear on the amp situation. This is going to be purely sound quality build.

I take it you lookn at doing something like the stelth boxes, on the side

You have a few amp options all will work on stock ele

kicker zx700.5 (420rms @2)

Kicker ix1000.5 (500rms @2)

JL Xd700.5 (400rms @2)

JL hd900.5 (500rms @4-1.5)

RF p1000X5d (500rms @2)

Alpine pdx5 (300rms @4)

Focal fpp (300w @4)

There are more but there the most common

With out meserment it's hard to say

But either 2x 10's or 8's subs

bridged at 2ohm final

But again without meserments recommendation are nere impossible, idd just look for high qts and rated at 200rms+

how much deepth do you have,

not saying to get them but i had the 2x kicker cvt8.4 off the zx700.5 in about the same volume and they went verywell for what they were,

if you can fit and afford sundown sa8v2 sealed will give you 0.5net a side and on 200rms they work nicely, and if you have more thats even better, thell take 600+ each sealed if you can give it to them,

i still run mine on 200 each to show people what 2 on 200ea ported can do, and they cream most 12 in sq and depth in bass (not a loud on 200, but equal or more when on 500ea)

Archived