Second Skin Audio

Ported box for 2 sa-8 v2's, need help.

I ordered 2 sundown sa-8 v2's two days ago and they will be arriving this upcoming Tuesday. I would like some help building a ported box for these two 8's, just a regular slot port. This will be going into a sedan trunk ( 2011 toyota camry ), im planning to run anywhere from 1200-2000 watts to these 8's, i would like it to get loud and low for daily. What do you guys suggest for a ported box? I can go up to 28in wide, up to 15in high (preferably i'd like to keep the height around 10-11in for the box) and depth no deeper than 14-15 inches. I was using RE audio box calculator to give me a general idea of the box size, so what do you guys think? This will be the first time building my own box, so forgive me if something is incorrect.

Here is a suggestion on your dims:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz

Vb = 0.66 ft^3

External Height = 9.5 in

External Width = 26.75 in

External Depth = 11 in

Port Width = 1 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front & Back = 26 3/4 x 9 1/2

Left & Right Sides = 9 1/2 x 8

Top & Bottom = 26 3/4 x 9 1/2

Slot Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 8 x 8

Extension 1 = 21 1/2 x 8

Extension 2 = 4 x 8

Assembly guide:

sa8v1.jpg

Engage the subsonic filter of the amp to 28Hz to avoid damage to the subs related to overdriving, let me know any questions.

Edited by Joe X

Question. Maybe I shouldn't ask but this forum is about learning so I will. What are you planning on doing power wise? I'm curious cause you say the power will be around 500-900 watts. The RMS of the sub is only 500. If you went with the 10, it'd be 600. So why would you put up to 900?

Sheena = pedobear

The sa10 power wise isn't as good as the 8

The 8v2 has next to no Mechanical Limits in the right box, that's why they are badboys of subs,

(just wish there were more like it)

Theis things can take over 3000rms(not daily) each

But love to be on around 800-1k daily in 0.5-0.6cuft

There is one thing I would recomend,

Get 2 and just drive them with what ever you have or can afford,

I ran mine 2 on a zx400.1 then switch to zx1000.1 and the volume differance, (for daily music,not ground pounding) is very minimum, of course when at full tilt that's a different story

But I have since gone back to the zx400.1 (200each) because it pissea more people off that for

my box is so small and I have full use of my trunk

There's only 2x 8" and they have the same cone area of 1 10"

They cream in depth and quality most dual 12" setup

I do all this on a stock ele with only 400rms and most of them have 1-1500k

Power isn't everything it does help, but the right sub in the right box, will always outperform the wrong sub in the wrong box

If you only have 5-900rms don't worry you'll still love these little badboys, as I said before if you can afford get 2 and just drive them with any thing, theise thinks still get low and loud on 50-100rms(in the right box)