I was going to get the pioneer deh-80prs but wasn't sure if it was worth it. I am ordering a rockford 3sixty.3 this friday so I don't need the crossover, eq, or t/a features on the deck. I was wondering if there would be a noticeable difference between a deck with or without burr brown dac's? I'm not even sure what makes a deck with burr brown better than one without them. If this has been asked before I couldn't find it so please point me in the direction of the thread. Thanks in advance for any help.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

I just got mine yesterday, and the quality is real good. However they say that its pointless to get deh-80prs cause the 360.2 and .3 have whatever this HU has..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Burr Brown DAC are the best in the world, many Stereophiles swear by them. I cannot tell you why they sound soo much better, but my buddies $1200 Cd player has them, and it makes CDs sound amazing. Most CD players that are released today have a varying 1-bit DAC, which sounds OK, but you can pick up why they are bad on highs, because they get muddy. My buddies Pioneer CD player has two 16 bit Burr brown DACs, one for each channel. And we did a side by side comparison with his, and a much cheaper Kenwood CD player, and the difference was significant. I a little bit of a Stereophile myself,and I WANT HIS CD PLAYER, but I am stuck with my H/K Cd player for now. So is short, yes what you got may not sound as good, and yes it is because it does not have BB DACs.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

So even with one of if not the best processors out I would benefit from having a cd player with burr brown? And chad I didn't see your post I sorta gave up on this thread when no one was really answering my question. I have 6 image dynamic 6.5 chameleon, 4 image dynamics xs28 tweeters, sundown 200.4, sundown 1200d(for now), 4 sa8v2s (about to replace my sa15), pioneer deck, 270a mechman alt, xs power 3400 under hood(getting a xp3000 for the back), soon I'll have the Rockford 3sixty.3 and possibly the pioneer deh-80prs if it's worth spending the money for burr brown.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

All I am going to say is that Burr Brown are one of , if not the best Digital to Analog Converters out there. I can tell the difference, but if you are just building a system to be loud, and for bass, I really don't see a point in quality. Because sound quality sort of drops off with volume and bass, and it is very hard to keep a perfect balance. It is honestly up to you if you want to spend the extra money for Burr brown. But to be honest you most likely will not even notice without a nicely balanced setup, and more importantly good quality speakers. I am not saying by any means that your system is bad, I am just saying that you need the right stuff to sound good, and hear the difference.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

• 3 weeks later...

To my knowledge Burr Browns are the best quality used in current head units produced. Wolfson is right up there with it, if not better, and is currently being used in the Alpine H800 for example.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

I wouldn't worry about getting a deck made more for sq if your gonna use the 3 sixty. The processor will make such a huge difference I doubt you would find or hear a difference in sound with the deh 80 prs

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

360.3 one of or best procssor out there hahahahahahahahahhahaha now that's some funny stuff right there you trying to be a stand up??

And burr brown is the shit I know guys that replace all the componets they can in there procsssors with burr brown cause it is that much better and having it on your HU will help a lot a procssor can only do so much if its garbage in its garbage out

Have you ever had your woofers blown?