Second Skin Audio

Power or Cone Area

I think cone area is definitely king. I am actually working on my new build now. 6 obsidian 18's on 4,000 watts. Low power but it should still get very loud since the subs are being powered properly. I will post a vid to show you guys. but I know a guy with 6 american bass 10s. paid 70 a piece for the subs. and only running 3k watts in a 2 door jimmy and he is hitting mid 50's.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

would you be underpowering the 4 subs versus powering the 2 subs right? if the sub doesnt reach high efficiency and displace a lot of air then youd most likely be louder with 2 on proper power opposed to underpowering 4 while you watch them bump there without any excursion

I don't agree with this. I am not sure why everyone thinks you have to push a sub near its limits to sound better. That would imply any sub would sound bad at low volume.

Power compression, heat, drop in BL force all work against you at higher power/more excursion.

My 18's in my HT don't move more than 4-5mm 90% of the time. The bass is very clean, very low distortion, and VERY loud. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Cone area and the box are the two most important things

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.