Sonic Electronix

New to car audio - looking for assistance

It doesn't matter if you run a Pyle or an SMD on that amp, that amp will run the same as long as the gain is set correctly. You should focus instead of finding subs that can handle the amp.

That's kind of my question. I'm not sure on the power of the amp and whatnot. Can it handle 2? I think the RMS cap is 500 watts if I'm not mistaken?

from what i understand it makes 500 rms at 4 ohms and 2 ohms

I hate to sound like a total mouth breather, but what exactly does that mean? I'm a tad new to all this lol.

a subwoofer (coil) puts a load on the amplifier and becomes part of a circuit

ohms is a resistance placed in the circuit to keep from shorting out and having amp go poof on you

when the power goes through the subwoofer it will cause a fluctuation magnetically causing the coil to move up and down to create sound

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

And by "2" I mean 2 woofers. Not 2 ohms, my bad lol.

i know but not all subs have the same coil resistance there are

4 ohm single coils

8 ohm single coils

2 ohm dual coils

4 ohm dual coils

1 ohm quad coils

and many more wiring options

hope i am not force feeding you

there are also different wiring methods that can double the resistance (series)

or cut in the resistance in half (parallel)

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

So in retrospect, I would need 2 subs running at 250(max) RMS. Or one running at 500 RMS to not over work the amp, correct?

you can't really over work an amp unless you are running below its stable resistance load or you are using too much gain and sending an unclean signal (distortion and/or clipping) which is caused by using too much gain

overall you can run 2 4ohm subs in parallel

or a single dual 4 ohm sub with the coils wired in parallel

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

It'd be nice to match JL's, but I've been told they're kind of over rated. Kicker type R's have my attention as well. I'd prefer to sit at 2 ohms, the lower the better. I'm not looking for attention, but I would like to be able to not hear the person next to me, and still get a solid bump.

i would look in to the american bass line of subs, u can get 2 12s xo or dx for cheap online 160$ for a pair and they will out do the lower line JL stuff W0 w1 w2 ....

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

So in retrospect, I would need 2 subs running at 250(max) RMS. Or one running at 500 RMS to not over work the amp, correct?

you can't really over work an amp unless you are running below its stable resistance load or you are using too much gain and sending an unclean signal (distortion and/or clipping) which is caused by using too much gain

overall you can run 2 4ohm subs in parallel

or a single dual 4 ohm sub with the coils wired in parallel

So basically as long as I don't go below the resistance cap on the amp, and don't push too much gain I should be okay? I'd love 2 ohms, but like I said I'm not looking for something to shatter my windows lol. I'd like to not work it too hard on my car, so 2 4ohms paralleled should be okay? as long as I stay under 500 RMS also?

It'd be nice to match JL's, but I've been told they're kind of over rated. Kicker type R's have my attention as well. I'd prefer to sit at 2 ohms, the lower the better. I'm not looking for attention, but I would like to be able to not hear the person next to me, and still get a solid bump.

i would look in to the american bass line of subs, u can get 2 12s xo or dx for cheap online 160$ for a pair and they will out do the lower line JL stuff W0 w1 w2 ....

What's the difference between XO and DX? I'm definitely not looking for name brand, but at this point it's kind of all I know :/. JL, Rockford, Alpine, Kicker, Sony, Etc. I'd love to get the most bang for my buck!!

ok, what they are trying to say is that you need either 1 sub that can handle 500watts rms or 2 subs that can handle 250rms each. if you get 1 dual voice coil 4ohm sub that can handle 500 watts rms and wire it to 2ohms then you will be doing just fine.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.