Second Skin Audio

Help!

bfurry88

hey guys, im not new to the world of BASS but havent really been taught about it. I have kind of self taught how to install stereos, subs, and amplifiers. I am here asking for someone to explain some things to me...What is an Ohm? How do you know what kind of amplifier and subwoofers go good with each other? i really am asking someone to explain (in easy terms) the basics to the world of bass. any kind of explanations to anything would be awesome! if you have some personal advice or something you feel I should be taught about dont be shy to help a friendly enthusiast out! also right now I have a 1700 watt Zeus Hifonics amp hooked up to 2 12's, looking to get brand new subs and box, what would you prefer for this amplifier? thanks again guys,

Blake.

hey guys, im not new to the world of BASS but havent really been taught about it. I have kind of self taught how to install stereos, subs, and amplifiers. I am here asking for someone to explain some things to me...What is an Ohm? How do you know what kind of amplifier and subwoofers go good with each other? i really am asking someone to explain (in easy terms) the basics to the world of bass. any kind of explanations to anything would be awesome! if you have some personal advice or something you feel I should be taught about dont be shy to help a friendly enthusiast out! also right now I have a 1700 watt Zeus Hifonics amp hooked up to 2 12's, looking to get brand new subs and box, what would you prefer for this amplifier? thanks again guys,

Blake.

Ohms are the unit of measurement for how much resistance an electric current faces when passing through basically. 2 ohms are more than 1. Some amps don't like going below two, or one ohm. Two dual voice coil 4ohm subs will go down to 1 ohm when both are wired in parallel , and will see a total ohm load of 16 in series lol.

Any good quality amp/speaker will sound good with another part.. Look for and study sensitivity and xmax (excursion) and distortion (thd) ,etc to learn which matches what you want

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

an OHM is a unit of measurement. it is used to measure the impedance in electronics. it measures how much an signal is Impeded by a device. or how much resistance

i learned much of what i know from digging around on the forums here this place is full of good info ( and some not so good info.) also check out the DIYMA and the12volt.com both are full of online resources in which you can learn

and welcome to the forums.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Archived