Sonic Electronix

What wire to use for accesories?

I have some LED's that i am puting and my volt meter as such. anyways, wht do you guys reccomend doing for wire and wher to get it? 10 gauge automotive wire from radio shack? or like 8 gauge from the battery into a fused power distributer. . . i asked this a while ago i think but it was for way more eltrical. not really running much

I use Stinger 10 or 12 gauge with an inline fuse and a relay that goes to a barrier strip. This way I can plug in quite a few things without worrying and its neat and tidy. That is the way I would do it for multiple remotes and accessories. As for the volt meter that gets connected directly to the amp usually so you run that straight there. I got all my stuff from Darvex.com except the barrier strip which I got local from Advance Auto Parts or Autozone both have em. You could always get a kit from Snafu at CE and this way you know its done right the first time.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

whats the relay do? i was thinking this

ATCfusedist_sm.jpg

The relay turns everything on when I cut the car on. I would honestly speak to Snafu no one is as knowledgeable about this than him the guy is married to electricity.

*Edit*

It turns everything on that I have connected to my barrier strip when I turn the radio on. Just figured I would clean that up.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived