eyezonz Posted August 4, 2012 Report Posted August 4, 2012 Just wanted to start off by saying I am a fan of research I spend countless hours building search patterns to find answers to questions that I have. Most people find forums while there are SEARCHING. But sometimes it takes longer to search than asking a question, Sometimes Im all searched out, Sometime I just want to have a internet conversation with other people about sh!t that is of common interest, attempt to do some networking. With that being said, my next point is you’ve guys have lost the whole meaning of a forum with all this groupthink(this forum and every other one too) about the search button. A quick SEARCH on dictionary.com leads me to this definition Forum an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest – says nothing of a search button but it does mention discussion(participation optional). If people care so much about the search button they should label their forums as encyclopedias and not forums. From this noobs or newbies should be able to ask what ever the hell they want to with in reason of the politics and porn rules and anything illegal. It’s a shame to see so many new people flamed and sent to the search button for taking interest in something new. It can be a topic that has be asked a million times WHO CARES, you forum old timers have the choice to share or not share. Most of all forums/ interest groups new noobs/newbies otherwise the subject you so much care about will eventually DIE. With out new people having their questions answered they wont spend their money, its that simple. No revenue going to these company will leave them out of business. ALL THAT SAID YOU FORUM OLD TIMERS SHOULD BE HAPPY TO SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND GET NEW PEOPLE INVOLVED BECAUSE IM SURE YOU GUYS ALONE CANT KEEP ALL THE RELEVANT COMPANIES AFLOAT YOUR SELVES, PLUS WITH OUT NEW COMERS WHO WOULD YOU SELL YOUR USED GOODS TO! disclaimer: im sure this wont change anything just thought Id through it out there, and ill stick to the search button until forum groupthink is broken, and I was to lazy to SEARCH through her and find the errors so deal with them DISCUSS/SHARE (optional)
Crandis16 Posted August 4, 2012 Report Posted August 4, 2012 lolwut I like this site. A lot of very helpful information can be found here. I have learned a lot by browsing this forum daily. My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
SnowDrifter Posted August 4, 2012 Report Posted August 4, 2012 I think he is whining about when we get upset when person after person after person asks/does the same thing. Primarily new guys. Like VS threads or posting in the FS section or something like that. Welcome to the forum bro, but if you don't like it - there are plenty of others I do see your point though. But let me clarify that we rarely get upset over basic posts that ask repeated questions - we do get snarkey when someone types up some retarded comment though. Then the new guys get all upset because everyone is telling them something opposite from what they thought and think we are ganging up on them... LOL ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
eyezonz Posted August 4, 2012 Author Report Posted August 4, 2012 I think he is whining about when we get upset when person after person after person asks/does the same thing. Primarily new guys. Like VS threads or posting in the FS section or something like that. Welcome to the forum bro, but if you don't like it - there are plenty of others LOL its not whining, the whining to me is "getting upset for questions asked already" yeah there are more forums and there all becoming the same, in order to find useful information you have to go back to post from like 5 years ago, because the recent ones say, "hey you noob use the search button" Ive viewed this forum for like 4 years now, i like the info its just a shame that people want to hinder the growth of the car world because they dont like answering questions, it takes more time thinking off an a-hole comment to flame a newbie than just anwsering their questions
Crandis16 Posted August 4, 2012 Report Posted August 4, 2012 For very commonly asked questions there are threads that have been stickied for easy access. Aside from that there aren't too many times that someone will deny someone information if they post a legitimate question that can't be answered using the stickied threads. My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
OrionStang Posted August 4, 2012 Report Posted August 4, 2012 Title should read; "Is eyezonz a troll or no?" Use the search button, for real. If you can't find what you need, just do some looking around. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
eyezonz Posted August 4, 2012 Author Report Posted August 4, 2012 Title should read; "Is eyezonz a troll or no?" Use the search button, for real. If you can't find what you need, just do some looking around. typical response from a groupthinker. I have no problem using the search button, I search for various anwsers all day every day. I have found every answer that I needed to Ive fixed cars, cell phones, boat, computers from forum searching and youtube. I currently view 26 different forums 9 that I have followed for 5+ years with a combined posting limite of less than 10, searching and viewing is no problem for me But for the person who doesnt like to search how do they gain knowledge? Ill take a bit to search out what a forum troll is lol the pont of this post is a conversation starter to consider being nicer to newbs to help grow the hobby thats all
OrionStang Posted August 4, 2012 Report Posted August 4, 2012 Well, the info is already here. If you don't like the search button, ummm, that's just lazy. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted August 4, 2012 Report Posted August 4, 2012 And OP, I am no where near a group thinker. I am borderline banned all the time for my personal POV's and truthful comments. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
eyezonz Posted August 4, 2012 Author Report Posted August 4, 2012 And OP, I am no where near a group thinker. I am borderline banned all the time for my personal POV's and truthful comments. well good for you, and this is my point of view, forums are the places to talk and learn, and should accomadate searchers and non searchers alike, becuas with out them smaller companies will begin go under. I have been to many major cities and walked into audio install shops and have yet to see the brands most commonly talked about in here sold in one. searching this and other car audio forum have advanced me quite far in car audio, from this boss audio and volfenhag sub amps were the best ever to planning to buy a sundown to power subs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.