Will these fuse plans work? Need second opinions please.

I am going to use 3/0 Eupen flex rn-7 1x90 mm welding cable. From batt to rear fuse block and big three. Total fused rating is 280 amps. I would like someone to tell me if I'm figuring this right please. The alt is stock 120 amp and I was going to use 120 amp fuse or should I stick with 200 amp. The power wire run from batt to back with 300 amp fuse or will 280 be better. Hope this pic of it will help.

Untitled-1.png

Edited by dog24fret

I think you need fuses wired in parallel

Keep it up and you'll con-fuse me :).

3/0 AWG for a 120 amp alternator? What am I missing?

I should have some left over. Plus later I will have to upgrade the alt to handle things that aren't car audio related. Just short term overkill sir :).

Does things look right on the fuse ratings? I really don't want to screw this up.

Edited by dog24fret

Yeah he means running 2 fuses in series is like running only 1 fuse value wise. Just double the amperage of the alt fuse to 250 or 300 if you want to fuse it.

Edit: oh i see you are fusing both ends of it. Not really necessary in such a short run, but wont hurt.

Edited by bassface

hahahahaha you're very punny

why do you have 2 fuses on alt wire and power wire? are you trying to set up a 600A fuse and a 280/240A fuse?

No hes fusing both ends of it. You should always have 2 fuses on the power wire. And I guess it cant hurt double fusing the alt either.

well this is news for me

tuned in to learn more. I don't have alt to batt (+) fused

hahahahaha you're very punny

why do you have 2 fuses on alt wire and power wire? are you trying to set up a 600A fuse and a 280/240A fuse?

The reason for fuse at both ends of the alt to batt wire. Is if something was to short out in the middle hopefully it wil save my alt and battery. You lost me on the 600a and 240a fuse part. The alt wire has two numbers on the fuses cause I don't know if I should go with alt output of 120a or go bigger one of 140a. The run from battery to the power fuse block is going to be 18-19' in length. So a fuse by the battery and one near the rear for middle protection. It will only see the Maxx amperage of 280a if something goes wrong. So I'm tring to make sure I'm doing this right. The stuff I read so far goes back and forth at time so I got lost. This is for my van starting to draw up plans for her :).