Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've searched and searched and found a few topics on this but no clear answers. Is it good/does it help to use a bead of rope caulk or something similar under the outer gasket when drilling in your subwoofer? Are there any 'less messy' options? I'm installing tomorrow, please help me with some input on this.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Posted

It'll yield a more airtight seal. I believe you can use a thin layer of rubber cut to the size of the mounting ring.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Posted

Thanks a lot for the replies, guys. I saw your posts, then looked around my garage and I actually had some rubber weatherstripping very similar to what was suggested. I appreciate your help. :)

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Posted

i like to use the gray closed cell weatherstripping foam, i know you used what you had, but i figured i would tell you anyways. I doubt it makes a difference either way

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 505 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...