help replacing ac compressor 2000 silverado 4.3

i need help replacing my ac compressor from a 2000 silverado 4.3

i already took the bolts out, but there is this part that is bolted ontop of the compressor, when i loosen the bolt, air comes out of it, just want to make sure that is normal, or how can i do it

the bolt im talking about is marked in a red circle below

compressor.jpg

thank you

im guessing you didnt evac the system, you should take the vehicle to a shop and have the work done as you obviously dont know what you are doing,

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

you need to get the r134a evacuated from the system and prehaps flush the system depending how badly the compressor degraded. after that if all your hoses check out and what not pull a vaccum on the system after you re install the compressor. then charge it with a gauge set to factory specifications

Edit: dont forget to make sure the compressor has enough compressor oil in it

Edited by bass_stalker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

im guessing you didnt evac the system, you should take the vehicle to a shop and have the work done as you obviously dont know what you are doing,

i would like to do that, but the compressor was so damaged, that the pulley got stuck, so when i turn it on the truck, it would have alot of friction that made the clutch and something else red hot, so they would basicly need to go to my house, or tow it, and i dont have enough money, i just want to put a compressor so it acts like a pulley, and when i have money, make the ac work

It's pretty obvious you don't have a MACS 609 certification so you shouldn't even be messing with it to begin with...

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

eh a little r134a in the hozone never hurt anyone. I dont see how its so bad for a user fixing his own ac pump/line vs a certified shop that does half ass work.

Example of my rear tahoe lines crapping out, and the same line on my tahoe leaking thru the hi pressure valve. The r134a was already out of the system due to the valve, and upon getting it charged i paid for vacuum testing. Needless to say it was recharged, lines where never checked for leaks and it all leaked back out in under a half day from the rear lines I didnt know where also bad at that time.

If the shop would of vacuum tested the a/c unit prior to filling they wouldnt lost the 2-4lbs of r134a that was put into the system without a proper vacuum test before hand.

edit, also when you reinstall that line you are taking off in the picture, make sure to use new o-rings on it. they are only a couple bucks, but you need to make sure it is sealed when you put it back on the a/c pump.

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Hey man you need to purge the system before you yank that shit off. Don't be like my buddy who got a face full of frion while swapping his engine.

Just loosen that bolt and let it hiss until its done but be careful. Just walk away while its emptying or whatever.

South_Park_Proper_Condom_Use_2001_5.jpg

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Polk DB651 in front doors

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

One 12" Cadence Ultra 6ohm