Second Skin Audio

subwoofer issue or amp?

voxigenboy

I have a couple of Kicker CompVR 12" & some old Rockford Fosgate Punch 2-Channel amp(forget the model #, but it does 800w RMS).

Anyway, all of a sudden yesterday, the subs stopped responding(or at least seems that way when the volume is up). When you turn the volume down low, you can tell that the subs are doing something... just when you turn up the volume you don't notice them at all.

The subs I bought earlier this year and the amp, well.. it's from like 06' or something.

Do you guys think the amp is starting to go bad?

Sadly, I don't have any testing equipment so I suppose I could always just take it to a local shop & see what they say.

Do you at least have a DMM and/or a 9 volt battery?

Do you at least have a DMM and/or a 9 volt battery?

unfortunately, i do not have either(haven't gotten around to getting it checked out yet either).

i have noticed though that now the subs do not come on at all. all the other speakers work fine & i do see that the light is on on the sub amp to so I know it's not a matter of the power somehow being cut off.

I also checked all the lines to make sure nothing came loose anywhere & everything's secure.

I vote amp going into protect

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

well, apparently the amp is still good. it ended up being a few blown fuses.

even though this amp's an old rockford fosgate punch that's more then 5 years old, still seems to be holding up.

i plan on getting a new amp soon... hopefully the newer rockford fosgate stuff is built to last also.

well, apparently the amp is still good. it ended up being a few blown fuses.

even though this amp's an old rockford fosgate punch that's more then 5 years old, still seems to be holding up.

i plan on getting a new amp soon... hopefully the newer rockford fosgate stuff is built to last also.

Get a t500bdcp if you plan on keeping those subs

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Archived