Second Skin Audio

Best size for subwoofer

Hey what do you guys think is the best size sub to buy for great sounding bass. 8, 10, 12, 15, 18? I have heard 10s hit the best and still have a lot of bass but the 18s will hit louder and deeper. I am looking into a new set up and want the best sounding car audio.

MTX JACKHAMMER

/end thread

In all honesty...whatever fits your budget, airspace, and power limits will give you "the best bass" Whoever told you 10's have the best and 18's are louder but deeper should get clubbed in the head. Its all in your install and enclosure. SHit subs in shit enclosures will never sound good. I have heard 10's get lower than the guy next to em with 18's. Its all in the box and your box tuning. Plus different cars peak different frequencies.

You need to read around on here and maybe ask some questions including your car budget and airspace.

EDIT : TWEETERS hahah damn ninja's got me. tweeters are wayyyyyyy better than Jackhammer. :rofl:

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Subs are like tits.

They're all good.

It's just about preference.

There is no best.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Tweeters? What would you recommend ?

Recommend you start reading a bunch on here...wait a few weeks and hope the knowledge that is passed around daily here on SMD slowly seeps into your brain. At3-4 weeks you will hopefully be educated enough to come back to this thread and answer your own question with depth and clarity. Also you will realize that whoever told you 10"s are the best and 18's slam the lows is a jackass and needs to stop giving you and anyone else advice on subwoofers.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Skar IVX's ? skar800? good combo. What car are you putting it in.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to: