In san antonio I see about 1 in 3 cars with HIDs. I've seen pink, green, purple, deep blue, and honestly i dont think the cops care as long as you don't blind them. In reality i would go above 8k just for the fact that after 8k you start getting deeper colors and visibility goes down the drain.

If you can afford the retro fit source HID kits i would recommend them they look way better built and ive heard nothing bad about them. I have the DDM kit and personally dont like the quality but i got what i paid for and they work at least.

I wanted green HID's and green fogs but I didn't want to be a cop magnet. I guess I just need to found in they are legal/illegal in my area.

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

(2) Digital Deisgns 3515's D4

Digital Designs M3B w/ Toolmaker Dual Inputs

Mike Singer Built 340 Amp Alternator

Arc Audio KS 300.4

*mids and highs to come soon*

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

I have been using luminisG4 for a while now.

they are really unexpensive and have never had any trouble with them.

my oldest set has been in my car for around 20months.

I've used at least 9 kits (different cars) from them and none has given any trouble.

I'm really just looking for a good reliable brand at a good price. Sadly I don't want to spend over $150 for a set.

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

(2) Digital Deisgns 3515's D4

Digital Designs M3B w/ Toolmaker Dual Inputs

Mike Singer Built 340 Amp Alternator

Arc Audio KS 300.4

*mids and highs to come soon*

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

DDMTuning as someone else mentioned. I've had my set of 35w raptors for almost 4 yrs now. I've had 2 ballast replaced, which were really my fault for placing them in a area that I shouldn't have and another time I used cheap ebay bulbs and it shorted out the ballast. DDMTuning did replacing them, for FREE since the ballast have lifetime warranties on them. As for "k" it stands for KELVIN.

The kelvin is often used in the measure of the colour temperature of light sources. Colour temperature is based upon the principle that a black body radiator emits light whose colour depends on the temperature of the radiator. Black bodies with temperatures below about 4000 K appear reddish whereas those above about 7500 K appear bluish. Colour temperature is important in the fields of image projection and photography where a colour temperature of approximately 5600 K is required to match "daylight" film emulsions.

For best output, I would go 6k. 8k for a hint of blue. No idea why in hell you would want green lights unless its on some project car. For daily, you would probably piss off 95% of people driving.

Also, I've never had a single problem with using HID's in stock head lights. I know many many people who do and have no problem. Although I'm not facing myself, lol. Though most projectors have the little reflector or blocker things that make it so the beam shoots straight and not off to the right or left, it wouldn't hurt to go projectors. But there's no reason you can't use stock head lights.

Not every company lables their lights the same , my 12k can be purple yours will be blue ect ect

Also anything over 10 k makes it harder for u to see and blinds the traffic more= attention= one pissed off cop... if anything get 6k i have 6 on my semi truck 6 on my dads f150 and 12k on my navigator and 6k on my bike lets just say ill never go over 6 again.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Not every company lables their lights the same , my 12k can be purple yours will be blue ect ect

Also anything over 10 k makes it harder for u to see and blinds the traffic more= attention= one pissed off cop... if anything get 6k i have 6 on my semi truck 6 on my dads f150 and 12k on my navigator and 6k on my bike lets just say ill never go over 6 again.

Imagine OP driving on the highway at night with green headlights.. smfh.. good luck with that lol

I guess you could go green if you want... But if you want green for looks: Get some separate LEDs or something. Those would be awful for doing the job of a headlight - which is illuminating the road in front of you.

IMHO get 5000k - it's pure white. Or 6000k if you want a touch of blue. 4300k looks like a 'sickly' white to me

yeah dont spend your money on hids and put them in reflectors all they are gonna do is scatter light and blind the living crap of on coming traffic. but if u do go with 4,3k-6k any higher and you will loose visibility at night, and kelvin dont mean nothing to brightness they are measured in lumens . i will suggest putting a projector in your car since you have a large headlight you could easily fit a projector and i promise you will c a difference. ddm tunning is ok but if u buy quality bulbs you will notice how cheap ddm tunning is and the bad part is they take so long to ship lol. i have hids on my honda u would not believe how bright it is and it doesnt blind the traffic.

ive had every kit out to date ive even had the 100watt hids there just 6k just a little brighter. ive had hids for years well 5 years to date and i personally like the ddm 10k 55watt hids slim ballests no the only color i havent had is pink and i installed pink hids on my girlfriends 04 grand prix. ive had green there ok... until it rains you will be hating them i promise its like driving with no headlights on that goes for just about every color except for 3k golden yellow. if you still did green i would do green as your headlights and do a 3k for fog lights which is a golden yellow 4300k and 6k are the best for driving in the rain now snow i love my 10ks in the snow i like how the light reflects off of it. but basicly you can check your local laws but in michigan where i live there not very strick about it.

Archived