Ok so I'm getting conflicting answers on if this is the correct way to wire.

your amp is like 1500rms. maybe 2000. maybe.

keep stock wiring, add on 0 gauge. thats how its supposed to be done, exactly how its being explained in this thread.

it might keep your volts up, might not. the reason your voltage is dropping is because your alternator cant support everything, besides not having proper power wire size. i dont know why you have 3 extra batteries to support that kind of amp. its kind of a waste of alternator power to be honest.

With that amp you should be fine with your stock alt and the 3 batteries you have. After you upgrade your charge wire (alt to first battery) see what your voltage looks like and if it doesn't drop more than .5 volts you will be good to go. Or you can add another battery just to be on the safe side. But if you want to know for sure you have enough amperage then just get a bigger alt and then you can use two batteries and not have any problems.

if the stock battery is in the trunk, and there is a run of stock 2 gauge going from the alt to the stock batt in the back, you have to upgrade that to 0 gauge.

That's what I've been saying...

These guys are funny sometimes huh? lol

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Polk DB651 in front doors

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

One 12" Cadence Ultra 6ohm

your amp is like 1500rms. maybe 2000. maybe.

keep stock wiring, add on 0 gauge. thats how its supposed to be done, exactly how its being explained in this thread.

it might keep your volts up, might not. the reason your voltage is dropping is because your alternator cant support everything, besides not having proper power wire size. i dont know why you have 3 extra batteries to support that kind of amp. its kind of a waste of alternator power to be honest.

I Figured more batteries is better than not enough...And yea, I was going to run big 3 with 0 until my local stereo shop told me to leave the 2 gauge, its enough. And yeah, my amp is only around 1500 to 2000, and I'm ok with that, its plenty loud for me. I was just noticing my amp getting hot before I added the batts( I had caps) now it doesnt get hot, But my volts do drop and I dont want to harm the amp with low voltage.

Yall think that maybe that's the reason his voltage is dropping? Maybe the batteries are stressing his alternator more than necessary when he's playing music?

Just speculating. I'd take a few batteries out for shits and giggles and see what happens.

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Polk DB651 in front doors

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

One 12" Cadence Ultra 6ohm

i dont think this has been asked...what batteries are they?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Yall think that maybe that's the reason his voltage is dropping? Maybe the batteries are stressing his alternator more than necessary when he's playing music?

Just speculating. I'd take a few batteries out for shits and giggles and see what happens.

Yes because the batteries are depleting at a rate faster than the alt can recharge them due to two factors. One there isn't an adequate pathway from alt to battery and the alt is on the small side and cant dedicate enough amperage to the extra batteries.

With that amp you should be fine with your stock alt and the 3 batteries you have. After you upgrade your charge wire (alt to first battery) see what your voltage looks like and if it doesn't drop more than .5 volts you will be good to go. Or you can add another battery just to be on the safe side. But if you want to know for sure you have enough amperage then just get a bigger alt and then you can use two batteries and not have any problems.

I hate when people give crappy advice.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived