Computer gurus please help. Lap top crash.

I didn't get the chance to put the combofix on her's. I tried the f8 yet just safe mode and safe mode with networking. Even restore didn't do any good it would stop before it was done. If we can save the info that would be great. No sir she just told she hasn't done a back up in 3 months.

That happens. I backup at the very latest every month. Ive lost too many files from failed drives, windows screwing up and all the random problems that can happen with data. Im not too worried about it like i used to be since i have 3 external drives, 2 of which i do direct backups to and i have two hard drives installed on my laptop, one for the OS and programs and the other for my music, pics, vids, docs and downloads.

Since you cant get in and stay in long enough i think your only chance is to rip that hard drive out, put it on a desktop and boot the desktop up then copy the files from her drive to an external hard drive or your desktops hard drive if there is enough room. Note: DO NOT backup anything but the content that is under the directory users\(her name)\ just backup the folders that say favorites, videos, documents, music, pictures, desktop. Everything else leave alone because its pointless to backup as it will not help you out at all in the end.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Thank you sir. I didn't know you can use two hard drives in a lap top. I was shutting down the lap top when system repair came up. It's at a screen that says recovery tool what would I choose or shut it down? I forgot I have windows 7 just in case it matters.

Edited by dog24fret

im not sure exactly what you are describing. Does it give you multiple prompts like command prompt, startup repair, memory check??

And yeah its possible. My laptop is a damn good gaming laptop, Dell XPS L702X with a 64gb OCZ Vertex-4 solid state, 750gb Western Digital 7500rpm drive, blu-ray reader/writer, 3gb Nvidia GeForce 555M with 3-D glasses, 1080p/120Hz lcd panel, 8gb DDR3 ram, its loaded.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

If you have problems with it booting up you can sometimes do a startup repair and fix windows when it has problems booting up. In your case i dont see the startup being a problem. What you would go in to perform a full system restore to get the laptop the way it was out of the box would be to select system image recovery or recovery management. I believe the system image recovery is what you want. There should then be an option to do a factory restore.

Last warning, if you do this right now all of your data and programs will be erased and the computer will be restored to the condition it was when you opened it up from the box at the store.

i'm reading this and it kind of sounds like where i was with my last computer . i think it had a worm ? tried combo fix and didn't get it solved . thought maybe i could learn and figure it out but fixing software issues with computers is over my head .

good luck man . if you get it figured out , get a good antivirus program if you don't have 1. buying antivirus is cheaper than paying a computer tech to solve it .

Ok so the restore to a earlier time won't do no good then. I have recovery management to restore to factory settings. And system image recovery under it says recover your computer useing system image you created. Apologize for being so ignorant.

i'm reading this and it kind of sounds like where i was with my last computer . i think it had a worm ? tried combo fix and didn't get it solved . thought maybe i could learn and figure it out but fixing software issues with computers is over my head .

good luck man . if you get it figured out , get a good antivirus program if you don't have 1. buying antivirus is cheaper than paying a computer tech to solve it .

I have learned so much crap with computers I actually amaze myself my old brain didn't short circuit lol. I had webroot but it was removed from her lap top it's been good for me so far. Only if it's on the computer.

Recovery management is what you want. Different manufacturers have their stock image stored different ways. Yours is under recovery management to get it back to the stock image the computer was shipped with.