Second Skin Audio

4th order bandpass work truck :) update pictures 1/20/13 :)

port forward.. or backward

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 1 month later...

So I started working it on my box... And I decided to go with a 4th order for a 12 sony xplod.. fyi this is a budget build lol this will be my second box i make i went with 1 cubic feet on the first chamber and on the second chamber I went with 2 cubic feet... i still dont know where to place the port or even tune it anyone could give me hand that would be awesome this will go in a chevy express work van in between the 2 front seats the measurements are 27 deep 15 wide 17 tall with the divider at 7inchs ... If you have any tips and tricks let me know. 20120930_194754.jpg20120930_194803.jpg20120930_205233.jpg20120930_205249.jpg20120930_205304.jpg

I fix the pictures not working :noob:.... can anyone chime in and help me out with port don't know what to do with it... don't know how to tune it :noob: should I do the port on the top... front??? I already have the other side panel put in. the last panel I have left is the top I was thinking of doing the port on top

• 3 months later...

whats up guys i know i havent keept you guys updated but i have been working on the van here and there (more like maybe once a month :lol2:) , the system is almost ready i have some pictures let me know what you guys think 723EA38F-orig.jpg this is the amp i first started with it was ok but the sub need a little more power

038EDA73-orig.jpg this is how the set up is looking like

4390B844-orig.jpg I have my little 4th order next to me :)

3FA5651D-orig.jpg i customized the dash a little i added a voltmeater and a usb chargeing port

AA5F3067-orig.jpg i also have this fm trasmiter since i dint change the head unit this is the only way i can connect my cell phone

5143EE15-orig.jpg I placed my bass knob and epicenter knob on the box closset to the harmrest to make it easier to adjust

C111CEFA-orig.jpg over all i think i dint do that bad for my first 4th order even tho the system still needs more tuneing, future projects for the van might be change door speakers and headunit but for now im happy ... let me know what you guys think :)

be carefull not to drop anything down the port.... other than that, not bad

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

be carefull not to drop anything down the port.... other than that, not bad

hahaha yes so true... when i took out the box to paint and lay some carpet i emptied and found alot of buiness card and papers lol... that was probably my fault for doing paper tricks and stuff in the port lol

ive seen alot of armrest boxes that have the port down at the bottom sub firing down port out the back by the floor but with all that empty space to the rear doors idk if it would help your sound.. plus nothing will fall down

Archived