How should I go about getting a car?

Well I'm DEAD set on gettin a tahoe by next march..I wan't a new body style one 07> but I don't know how I should go about gettin one. Dealership? Private Seller? Loan? What about police auctions? I don't care about getting one with 100xxx miles as long as its a damn tahoe and its black or I can paint it black lol I am already saving for a down payment by March thats my goal..I need some advice from you guys who have went through the whole process.

do you have credit? any credit? cosigner?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You may want to think about looking at a used one from a reputable dealership in town. Last thing you need to do is sink a ton of money in a lemon that can't be returned. I would honestly do a shit ton of research about where to go and what place can be trusted. Since you don't really have credit you will need you dad for co signing and since you're buying used check to see if your banks rates are lower for car loans than the dealer you're buying from. I would also do a credit check on you and your father right before you walk into any dealer and hand it to them so they don't have to run your credit again. Also rethink the above 100k notion you don't want a truck from 07 with 100k + on it. The normal consumer only drives 12-15k a year if the truck has anything more than 76k then that person drove it and drove it hard. Even if its all highway you still don't want that many miles on something that is only 5 years old.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

You may want to think about looking at a used one from a reputable dealership in town. Last thing you need to do is sink a ton of money in a lemon that can't be returned. I would honestly do a shit ton of research about where to go and what place can be trusted. Since you don't really have credit you will need you dad for co signing and since you're buying used check to see if your banks rates are lower for car loans than the dealer you're buying from. I would also do a credit check on you and your father right before you walk into any dealer and hand it to them so they don't have to run your credit again. Also rethink the above 100k notion you don't want a truck from 07 with 100k + on it. The normal consumer only drives 12-15k a year if the truck has anything more than 76k then that person drove it and drove it hard. Even if its all highway you still don't want that many miles on something that is only 5 years old.

Whats the longest term car dealerships normally allow isn't it like 72 months? Also how much would be a good downpayment? I can afford about 250 a month max

http://www.responsib...calculator.html

use that calculator to determine the down payment you need to get your 250 monthly payment

once you go to a dealer never ever negotiate the monthly payment or you will get dicked.. always negotiate the cost of the car

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/auto/auto-loan-calculator.aspx

this calculator says if you owe 13250 at 10% interest your payment would be $245

so if you get a 25,000 car you would need a $12,000 down payment to keep your monthly to about 250

Edited by Miguels

use that calculator to determine the down payment you need to get your 250 monthly payment

once you go to a dealer never ever negotiate the monthly payment or you will get dicked.. always negotiate the cost of the car

is this saying 712.00 a month? :shok:

dwn.jpg

thats the mark up bro. try the other calculator

is this saying 712.00 a month? :shok:

dwn.jpg

thats the mark up bro. try the other calculator

hmm I don't see another one on that site can I use this one instead ? http://www.cars.com/go/advice/financing/calc/loanCalc.jsp?mode=full

financing 14 ggrand over 72 months is going to be like 240 a month depending on interest rate. hell if not less.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.