Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7

dl9890

They also sell the solox's at wholesale price, but a 12 is still like 350+

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I don't hate kicker, in fact as a business major, I applaud them for their ability to have such a high markup on their gear, and still have the market wrapped around their finger. I used to work at best buy and they had a kicker accommodation which meant i could get kicker products BNIB at or slightly above cost, so i know first hand what their markup is.

do tell :P

for a 12" L7 it's like 120 plus shipping iirc. it's been a while though. their zx2500 i remember being like 330 and some change before shipping. i know i got all 4 of my CVX 12's for 446 something shipped.

It'd be worth it for the amp IMO. Imma go apply at bestbuy..buy a few amps and gtfo haha

lol yeah i do like their amps a lot at that price. even if they are power hungry, they're cheap as fuck.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I don't hate kicker, in fact as a business major, I applaud them for their ability to have such a high markup on their gear, and still have the market wrapped around their finger. I used to work at best buy and they had a kicker accommodation which meant i could get kicker products BNIB at or slightly above cost, so i know first hand what their markup is.

slightly above best buy costs. i doubt you were getting close to what kicker actually pays for em lol.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

They were directly ordered and shipped from kicker. the accommodation was separate from the employee discount which was 5% over cost. I cross checked the employee discount with the accommodation with a couple of items and best buy cost seemed to be a lot higher than accommodation prices. But yeah i doubt i was getting kicker's cost.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

I have a kicker l7 15' powered by a kicker sx650.1 in the trunk of my car and all i can say is that it rattles the shit out of my trunk. It can hit all the lows notes has a little trouble with the high notes but still a very good subwoofer and if you had two of those they would pound pretty good.

I have a kicker l7 15' powered by a kicker sx650.1 in the trunk of my car and all i can say is that it rattles the shit out of my trunk. It can hit all the lows notes has a little trouble with the high notes but still a very good subwoofer and if you had two of those they would pound pretty good.

You haven't heard anything better, have you?

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Where did you get yours for that much? Retail on those is a lot higher than $479 lol.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

anywhere around here (los angeles) have them for that price. i will even scan the receipt and post it here if i find it. i know best buy is one of the store that bump up the prices to retail like many others. you just have to go to the right store and you will find the right price. anyways $220 for 1 L7 is about as much as a SSD cost and im sure the SSD can take the rated wattage plus some. if you read the manual on kicker l7 it says if you go ported the sub will be 750 watts rms so the SSD would be the better deal. but to people that dont know about FI, kicker is the way to go. we all know JL and Fosgate are the next big companies and are more pricey than kicker

edit: even at $220 per 15L7 i wouldnt buy them again, not that i dont like them its just with $100 more i can get the FIQ that are better sound better and can take the punishment.

For those who want tried and tested main stream brand! For those who want to go loud! For those who love the name kicker! For those who love to keep the eletrical standard! For those who love bass in between 35 -50hz. They can go Kicker. Lol!

An S15L7 needs only a ZX750.1 to keep it kicking some serious bass in a ported box. And they are reliable.

I am saying 140db for someone who is upgrading from a basic sub is really good and all that they would need. Anything louder is definitely going to hurt.

I keep hearing brand X can handle more powaaa for lesser price!! Yes and for more power it needs a bigger amp takes more juice from your electricals. Straining your battery and alternator isnt a good thing. If you mix a ZX750.1 and ZX 350.4, you would max at less than 140Amps which can be handled without an extra battery if you are playing it smart.

Like someone said before I was a Kicker nuthugger, lol! Now I too moved on!

But anyone who is getting their first or second system, for anyone who will never see competition lines, for anyone who isnt into extreme groundpounding Kicker can suffice.

It can be pickedup from a normal store in US and just build the box according to the Kicker manual considering your trunk space. You would have decently loud system.

If I was given an option of Kicker subs, I would choose a front a rear speaker that can produce a lot of Mid bass though.

just my 2 cents.

Just because subs can take more power doesnt mean you need more power. Also brand "x" usually makes an entry level woofer that takes similar power as a L7. And brand "Y" makes and amplifer that makes 750wrms for much less also.... For how much you are going to pay for a 750.1 from kicker and a L7 from a dealer and get raped on install in a crappy ported box thats lacking port area etc...you can do much better.

As far as it being reliable...its only reliable as much as the guy behind the gain knob is.

My first subs were kicker...and ever since I have been "kicker"ing myself in the ass for how much money I wasted.

I would have loved for someone to set me straight than...if only I had the SMD forum I would have been much better off. Its human nature to always want better or bigger or louder etc.... so if we can help somebody get there and save some dough why not?

Honestly I agree with you as this is what happens most of the time.

How ever which brand has entry level woofer that perfoms like L7? comeon dude! I am talking about sheer loudness, not SQ or groundpounding. L7 is a pretty capable sub regardless we hate or dislike it and its pretty reliable too. I owned an L7 12 and then L7 15 and SoloX 12 and currently run a small business elsewhere and been installing L7's a lot. Not on my preference though!

From my experience, mostly or probably an L7 and Zx750.1 combo is the second system for most youngsters as most of them settle for something basic in the beginning with a crappy install. Lol Sony Xplod 1400W Subwoofer and then learn that Kicker is Awesome!

When they desperately upgrade from their crappy first system to the Kicker, they go cheap on install.

Who wouldnt agree that your system is only as good as the weakest link in it. You put any sub in a crappy box its gonna be crap.

Yes the prices of these mainstream brands are more than you pay for some X or Y brand and there is several reasons to it, mostly due to the tangiable and intangiable middlemen involved in sale of such products.

In short, if someone wants Kicker L7 and he loves it, there is no reason to not have it unless his budget is less. Brand and reliability is what you pay for...

Now puts flame suit on! Lol

This is what I feel and my experience, no offence and no pun intended ! :eek5wavey:

Archived