Sonic Electronix

What is so special about the box?

Before attempting to build a box I would consult a tutorial or look over some build logs to see how it's done. There is no wrong way to do it so long as the finished product is what you desired, but having some general knowledge on the subject never hurts. Before selecting subwoofers, it is in your best interest to read up on Ohm's Law and learn what resistance, impedance, current, voltage etc. mean in a car audio system. That is the foundation on which most other knowledge you ever gain regarding car audio will to be built.

I'm gonna hate

that amp doesn't do rated. I'd take a hifonics brutus 1700 over that. I own the 1k version of that and it's not very clean power

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

jkg74h.png

Good combo?

No man... Remember read a few basics on wiring and impedance before selecting your equipment. Unless you have a good electrical and plan on running those a .5ohm i wouldnt buy that and like 412CVX said just go with the HiFonics if you can't find it cheap online look at other forums as well like CA or CarAudio Class.... of course those aren't the only ones, but hey buying used is never really that bad..

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

The amps you'll be looking at getting within your budget are most likely all going to do their power at 1 ohm. If you get the dual 2 series, you can wire to 2 ohms or .5 ohms.

Running at .5 ohms is not an option because it's below the minimum impedance. you risk blowing your amp at .5 ohms.

Running at 2 ohms, You'll only get about 1200 watts out of the amp.

Now if you get the Dual 4 subs and wire in parallel you can wire down to 1 ohm and get the full 1700 watts out of the amp. Just make sure you've done the big 3, have a nice battery up front, and a decent sized battery in the back.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I would ultimately recommend building your own box if you have a garage or an area where you can do the work. You can get the tools you need fairly cheap at Harbor Freight or WalMart even. Get your wood at Lowes/ Home Depot. Get the specs you need for your subs & listening taste & build away. You can make several attempts at a full enclosure before reaching his price, is a lil high. I my area, for a 2 sub ported box is about 250.

The up side to this is youll get experience & could start building them for friends & charging them lol. Or, if you dont have space to cut wood & assemble shit, do you not have a local audio shop or installer in your area?

I wouldnt let Lowes/ Home Depot cut my wood. Sometimes you need it cut within a 1/4" or your gonna have a huge gap. Most of those guys arent gonna be that accurate b/c its not their job. They get "round-about" & keep it moving.

I might also recommend "Surreal" on CACO. His real name is Evan. He's a box designer. Awesome dude & he'll actually cut the pieces for you & ship them to you for you to assemble if you need him to or just email you the blueprints to build your own. Tell him I sent you.

TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order)

-2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass)

-4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets

-1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets

-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts

-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs)

-1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's)

-1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

2010-10-14171939.jpg

Archived