Second Skin Audio

Mtx Mzs1204 Review & Enclosure Build

I think she is starting to disslike it because she likes more of the chick songs that hit higher frequencies so going sealed will be perfect for her. I did ported just to get an idea as to what it was capable of.

I was not trying to compare it to the T2, that sub is for my car, I will be building new enclosure for that beast in a few months.

As for this MTX, I don't think it likes the lows, even at a low gain setting and no punch eq. I know I am throwing double the power but with the gains as low as they are I would expect the subwoofer to last a bit longer, this one now is starting to stank a bit. I will exchange it soon for another MTX, same model. The sealed enclosure will be key for this little subwoofer to gain my fiances respect, she will like it then, I am certain.

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck with a new box yet? I found that when I had a set of the cheapest mtx (roadthunder) subs if I overpowered them they seriously sounded like crap. If I under powered them they actually sounded better for whatever reason. I heard a 7500 in a sledgehammer box (pretty sure that was the name of the box) hooked to a jl 500/1 and it sounded excellent. Even rock sounded good and clean.

I'm trying to keep you from hating mtx here! :D:P

LOL, no new box. I am in the process of buying an SUV, was looking at a Lexus RX300 but the dealer was an ass. Now its off to another dealer and hope for a better deal. I think the MTX just needed to be broken in, it is sounding a bit better now. I am going to sell the MTX though, the T2 will be going in the SUV along with the 3sixty. If I ever purchase MTX again it will be the 9500 series due to the power it can take.

LOL, no new box. I am in the process of buying an SUV, was looking at a Lexus RX300 but the dealer was an ass. Now its off to another dealer and hope for a better deal. I think the MTX just needed to be broken in, it is sounding a bit better now. I am going to sell the MTX though, the T2 will be going in the SUV along with the 3sixty. If I ever purchase MTX again it will be the 9500 series due to the power it can take.

I'm sure you'd be happier with any of the upper end line of mtx especially when you consider trying to get results from a sub compared to your t2!!! You'd have to get what about four of the one's you have to even compare to one t2 if not more! :lol:

Nice enclosure aznboi, I didn't even get to enjoy that model due to the spider being unglued, the one that replaced it isn't even on MTX website. It has a red cone, could future shop be buying knock off crap from overseas? I emailed MTX to see where I can get info on the subwoofer I have.

• 1 year later...

Hey Man I have an Mtx 9500 15" dual 4 ohm sub in my 1996 Honda Accord and it takes the 1800 watts i throw at it daily and loves it. I think you may have gotten one of the so called bad batch of MTX subs. I have actually heard an Mtx rep in my area talkin about that happening from time to time. Anyways just my .02

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived