I would never use any sort of additive not recommended by the manufacturer in my vehicle. If I had to I would only choose Royal Purple products as I know they are of high quality. If you are burning oil you have another deeper issue and I would prefer to remedy that, myself, rather than dump some magic liquid in my oil.

Hmm i take it you have NEVER researched Lucas Oil or their products... Nothing against RP but i would say Lucas holds one of the highest quality products out there...Ive used it for years with no adverse reaction... PLUS Most all funny cars and Rail cars on the pro circuit use Lucas products so i'd say that if a motor generating 5-7000 HP can handle it with no probs then our daily drivers should be GOOD to go lol

lucas oil , they have a synthetic oil stabilizer too the only place i have seen it is o'rielly . i have had so many high mile vehicles that would burn a qt of oil in 400-500 miles every time adding between a half to 1 qt of lucas stops that consumption right away .

i will also say their auto-trans additive has made a difference in every chevy truck i have had and ran some in . made them shift better and went from 15mpg to 16 mpg .

lucas oil ftw

All i can say to this is +1 :good:

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I would never use any sort of additive not recommended by the manufacturer in my vehicle. If I had to I would only choose Royal Purple products as I know they are of high quality. If you are burning oil you have another deeper issue and I would prefer to remedy that, myself, rather than dump some magic liquid in my oil.

lucas oil will not void any warranties , says it on the bottle . good stuff .

worn parts and high mile engines can be funny , say a guy has ran quakerstate oil for 80,000 miles with no issues and you didn't know that and you change oil and use valvoline because you like valvoline and now your engine is consuming a little bit of oil . have it rebuilt or just run some lucas to stop or slow oil consumption ?

besides the manufacture doesn't want your vehicle to run forever they didn't make enough money off selling you just 1 vehicle .

to each to their own i guess , but just because gm or dodge or toyota doesn't recommend something , doesn't mean anything

PS nothing magical about lucas oil stabilizer , it is a bit thicker than oil and that is pretty much how it works

Edited by b-dubs89

When did I say anything against Lucas Oil, sheesh. My father swears by their injector cleaner, I'm sure their oil additives are just as good. I am only saying that adding something to your oil is not the true solution to the underlying problem. I've never had any vehicle burn oil and I've never used oil additives. I do 3,500mi OCIs with Wix filters and full synthetic Amsoil, ran three cars over 200k with no issues doing this. If a car did burn oil I'd ensure there was not too much or too little oil, that the cylinders are not off-round, rings are good, seals are good, no cracks in the block, and that the valve guides were good. Seems like a lot but why perpetuate the service of something that could literally blow up on you later.

I'm gonna hate