dl9890 Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 I plan on getting two 12" AA aresenals and running them on a DX1000.1 at 2 ohms which is 1,000 watts RMS. They are going into a ported box, thoughts, suggestions, ideas. Thanks. Quote
TylerParrish Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 I plan on getting two 12" AA aresenals and running them on a DX1000.1 at 2 ohms which is 1,000 watts RMS. They are going into a ported box, thoughts, suggestions, ideas. Thanks. from the things i've heard about em, you'll need much more power than a mere 1000 watts rms. I've got 1 vvx 12 and I'm putting that much power to that 1 sub Quote What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
dl9890 Posted August 20, 2012 Author Report Posted August 20, 2012 I plan on getting two 12" AA aresenals and running them on a DX1000.1 at 2 ohms which is 1,000 watts RMS. They are going into a ported box, thoughts, suggestions, ideas. Thanks. from the things i've heard about em, you'll need much more power than a mere 1000 watts rms. I've got 1 vvx 12 and I'm putting that much power to that 1 sub Maybe I should get a single 15" Havoc? Quote
TylerParrish Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 that'd probably be better suited for that kind of power, but with decent subs, most are under rated if you push clean power to them. Normally, i buy an amp that's rated higher than what my sub(s) are so i have headroom to upgrade subs in the future Quote What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
dl9890 Posted August 20, 2012 Author Report Posted August 20, 2012 Yeah, sounds a bit better to me also. I've been looking around for sub woofers for ever and now I finally found ones I like and now I can't pick one. I got this, I hope. Quote
bkolfo4 Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 I plan on getting two 12" AA aresenals and running them on a DX1000.1 at 2 ohms which is 1,000 watts RMS. They are going into a ported box, thoughts, suggestions, ideas. Thanks. from the things i've heard about em, you'll need much more power than a mere 1000 watts rms. I've got 1 vvx 12 and I'm putting that much power to that 1 sub Why is it everyone thinks you have to run 10000 watts to every sub for it to perform good? The sub is rated 500 watts. Telling someone it will not perform good at the power the manufacturer rated it at is ridiculous. . . Quote Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
kalilac619 Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 (edited) I plan on getting two 12" AA aresenals and running them on a DX1000.1 at 2 ohms which is 1,000 watts RMS. They are going into a ported box, thoughts, suggestions, ideas. Thanks. from the things i've heard about em, you'll need much more power than a mere 1000 watts rms. I've got 1 vvx 12 and I'm putting that much power to that 1 sub Why is it everyone thinks you have to run 10000 watts to every sub for it to perform good? The sub is rated 500 watts. Telling someone it will not perform good at the power the manufacturer rated it at is ridiculous. . . couldn't have said it better myself... Edited August 20, 2012 by kalilac619 Quote 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
TylerParrish Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 oh shit, my bad you guys...thought that sub was rated for more than that. My responses are somewhat full of fail.... Quote What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
dl9890 Posted August 20, 2012 Author Report Posted August 20, 2012 oh shit, my bad you guys...thought that sub was rated for more than that. My responses are somewhat full of fail.... Haha, no problem. Honest mistake. But I think it's pretty good setup, it'll be better than my cvr's and my kicker comps I had. I would say so anyways. Quote
TylerParrish Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 (edited) oh shit, my bad you guys...thought that sub was rated for more than that. My responses are somewhat full of fail.... Haha, no problem. Honest mistake. But I think it's pretty good setup, it'll be better than my cvr's and my kicker comps I had. I would say so anyways. just make sure the box is decent, the box can be the difference between a great sounding system and a terrible sounding system (believe me, i've been through my fair share of boxes). but in the right box, they'll be a decent improvement over the kickers Edited August 20, 2012 by TylerParrish Quote What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.