Sundown Audio

Few questions on running active, and small 4 channel amp suggestions

Looking for two small 4 channel amps that would be good for running mids/highs. My kicker is that I wont be able to mount anywhere but under passenger seat.

I was thinking of running 2 PBR300x4 one for Mids one for tweets. My problem is they dont seem to offer enough adjustability to cross the tweets high enough and run a hpf and lpf on the mids. How would I go about adjusting the signal before the amps? I was thinking EQ but than I would need two if my understanding is correct.

Im trying to figure out a budget to save for on this next build. Already worked out sub stage/sub amp/ HO alt/ electrical. Just stuck on what to do for front stage.... ANY suggestion are welcome. Im kinda stuck and open to options.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

You could just run passive and call it a day.. but generally if you're running active the mids need to be on a Sep channel or even amp with each having their own set of cross overs but I'm sure you already knew that.

Space wise I always wanted to try sound digital nano series.. space is not even a remote issue with those...

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Lol I just re iterated what you said.. I'm on my phone.. oh well. Could you not use a cross over and then output to the amps?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Pretty much the same amp as PPI, polk, hertz and few others, it has begun to prove itself as a very versatile amp for running active with in 2way and 3way systems with the way the crossover uses bandpass on both channels. The other big thing about it is it's small footprint allowing you to mount it under seats and in places many other amps are to big for and lets not forget about the amount of power these things make for the size of them.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_40254_NVX-JAD800.4.html

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Pretty much the same amp as PPI, polk, hertz and few others, it has begun to prove itself as a very versatile amp for running active with in 2way and 3way systems with the way the crossover uses bandpass on both channels. The other big thing about it is it's small footprint allowing you to mount it under seats and in places many other amps are to big for and lets not forget about the amount of power these things make for the size of them.

http://www.sonicelec...X-JAD800.4.html

That looks like it would be a good choice. Witht the 200w each channel I could run FR-RR(front right rear right) Mids on one channel FL-RL mids on the other. and similar for the highs. Or is their another way I should wire it? Im new to the active thing...read up on it for a while and seems like a much better option for SQ and more output since you skip a passive x-over.

Think I would have any problem with electrical? Im getting a Singer Alt its 140(i believe) at idle and 240 full output. Plus 2 group 31 batts and almost non existent hc600 I already have(ill probably just thor that in my scooter come to think about it).

ALSO--on the NVX it has a hpf at 500 i think. What do I do for the 2 channels Im running highs on(tweeters) they can't go that low can they?? I though you cross them at 3000hz as a rule of thumb.

Edited by Chris Hammer

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Nvm

Edited by Chris Hammer

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Ehh maybe Ill get the NVX just run passive untill I have the balls to fiberglass 8's and 6's into my doors and go active. Than I could use the NVX on the 8's and get another amp for the rest. I think I settled on what Imma do. Thanks for the input guys and I think actives just a little over my head right now.

The NVX has a nice active crossover on it. I think that's the main reason he linked it. It'd be sort of a waste to get that amp and run passive.

And to answer your question above, it has a 10x multiplier for the crossover. So you can cross your tweeters at up to 4khz.

Ehh maybe Ill get the NVX just run passive untill I have the balls to fiberglass 8's and 6's into my doors and go active. Than I could use the NVX on the 8's and get another amp for the rest. I think I settled on what Imma do. Thanks for the input guys and I think actives just a little over my head right now.

The NVX has a nice active crossover on it. I think that's the main reason he linked it. It'd be sort of a waste to get that amp and run passive.

And to answer your question above, it has a 10x multiplier for the crossover. So you can cross your tweeters at up to 4khz.

Will that makes all the difference. Where does it say theres a multiplier on the x-over.

That amp looks too good to be true. 800.4 200w each channel plus good x-over seems like a steal. It would be worth the 300 to me just for 200w each channel.

I guess Im going 2 way active until I am ballsy enough to fiberglass my doors.

Thanks for clarifying and showing me something I missed. I think Imma take some more time to learn some stuff and order it up.

Do you think my electrical will be good enough for it and a BC2000 at 1ohm

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Looks like a CC-1 and DD-1 are gonna be needed in my near future as well. I think Imma get the 4 channel first and my mids and highs. Then my alt/batteries and 1/0 and BC2k...then the SSD 18's or E-12's. This is gonna be fun and should be decent on a budget. Thanks for the help from those who replied. :drink40:

Edited by Chris Hammer

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Will that makes all the difference. Where does it say theres a multiplier on the x-over.

That amp looks too good to be true. 800.4 200w each channel plus good x-over seems like a steal. It would be worth the 300 to me just for 200w each channel.

I guess Im going 2 way active until I am ballsy enough to fiberglass my doors.

Thanks for clarifying and showing me something I missed. I think Imma take some more time to learn some stuff and order it up.

Do you think my electrical will be good enough for it and a BC2000 at 1ohm

When I said it has a nice crossover, I just meant it's versatile. I can't speak for the quality of it or the amp itself. Other than the ones listed above, I can only think of 2 amps that allow you to bandpass with the on board filters (those being DC and Zed).

And if you look at the picture of the side where the x-over controls are, you'll see that it says freqx1 for when the button is not pressed, and freqx10 for when it is pressed. So basically, your high pass can be anything from 20 to 4000hz, and your low pass anywhere from 50 to 5000hz.

I'm curious though...

Pretty much the same amp as PPI, polk, hertz and few others

If I'm looking at the correct amp (http://www.sonicelec...wer-P900.4.html), it's only 230 bucks. Any reason you'd go with the NVX over the Precision Power?

Edited by LZTYBRN