Second Skin Audio

Fi Q 15" Ported Box 3.1 cu. ft. @ 32.5 htz I think

I like the second one better. I'd personally tune to 32-33 with more port area. keep in mind, you can still play below tuning.

Unfortunately, it's internal - the first one.

You are now using the full 24" for the depth and the port is inside that.

Additionally I did this earlier at work where I have the old version of Torres.

I got the numbers in my post above - 2.87 ft @ 34.00 hz

I can check again tomorrow, but I'm sure I had all the same numbers in there.

When did you download Torres? He has made a couple recent fixes, but I'm not sure what they are.

LOL two different answers. I like the first one as well. Buddy actually wanted 4 cubes at 33 htz and I said you will be lucky to fit 3 cubes at all. 0.5 inch wood because he is cramped for space big time.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

I have the most up to date version of torres as well ear2ear

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

Here is what I was talking about.

Exact same numbers entered into old Torres gives a different result.

goldeneye4564-Torres-A.jpg

FWIW - the port volume looks closer in the new version. I calculated .92 before any end correction.

And I think CVX was saying he likes the result of #2 better, but I was saying that #1 is the accurate volume of your box.

'09 Sierra Ext Cab - under construction

(1) RF T2500-1 -running- (4) RF T1 12's

(1) RF T1000-4 -running- (2) RF T1652-S

Stock alt / battery -plus- (1) DC Power 230a & (2) Kinetik 1800

Buncha OFC Knu

Buncha Second Skin

Kenwood DDX814 - Alpine Imprint - RF 360.3

what car is this going in?

It is going into a supercab truck. 60/40 split rear bench seat. Wants the box to fit where the 40 part of the seat is. Will show pictures when done.

Here is what I was talking about.

Exact same numbers entered into old Torres gives a different result.

goldeneye4564-Torres-A.jpg

FWIW - the port volume looks closer in the new version. I calculated .92 before any end correction.

And I think CVX was saying he likes the result of #2 better, but I was saying that #1 is the accurate volume of your box.

Hmmm yes that is a bit odd. I changed the design of the box a bit, I will post pictures in a second. Well do you not think where the port makes the turn to come external makes sense? I think number 2 is good but it doesn't really matter to me or the customer because both are in between the tuning range.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Took more measurements last night and decided to take advantage of the angle of the passenger seat to squeeze a bit more cu. ft. lol.

withdimsalmostdone.png

updatedtorres.png

If I put in the external port to 19.5 it does seem to make sense as the cu. ft. of the box rises. Meaning that part of the port is not taking up space inside the box -- because it is not. Here it is too just for S&G.

withexternalportupdated.png

Either way, buddy said he will be happy with either. I am just so darn curious on which torres design it actually is lol.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

You have a slightly odd shaped box, so it's all how you manipulate the numbers in Torres to get the actual true volume...

...and I think you're missing the point.

If you are going to fake it out and remove the notches as bracing displacement, you are entering the entire 24" depth of the box.

The port is within that - it is not external. Torres will figure the physical and corrected length with the bend in the port.

If you want to enter the outer part of the port as external, you have to go back to the 19.50" depth because the port is outside or external - and not enter anything for bracing displacement.

Then you're on your own with the port length because Torres doesn't know you are bending the port.

Edit - ninja'd

Box looks smaller than before. 19.5 went down to 18?

Buncha OFC Knu

Buncha Second Skin

Either way, buddy said he will be happy with either. I am just so darn curious on which torres design it actually is lol.

Again the 1st one is closer.

Think about it like this:

You are either subtracting some notches from a bigger box where the port is already included.

-or-

You are addind some external port to a smaller box.

Your option 2 - you are adding external port to your already maxed out 22.5" depth. That would make your box 27" deep.

Buncha OFC Knu

Buncha Second Skin

Again the 1st one is closer.

Think about it like this:

You are either subtracting some notches from a bigger box where the port is already included.

-or-

You are addind some external port to a smaller box.

Your option 2 - you are adding external port to your already maxed out 22.5" depth. That would make your box 27" deep.

Ok yes then we are on the same page with option one. Yes I changed the top depth and bottom depth so that it can fit behind the passenger seat. The seat has an angle so the box was made now to match it.

You have a slightly odd shaped box, so it's all how you manipulate the numbers in Torres to get the actual true volume...

...and I think you're missing the point.

If you are going to fake it out and remove the notches as bracing displacement, you are entering the entire 24" depth of the box.

The port is within that - it is not external. Torres will figure the physical and corrected length with the bend in the port.

If you want to enter the outer part of the port as external, you have to go back to the 19.50" depth because the port is outside or external - and not enter anything for bracing displacement.

Then you're on your own with the port length because Torres doesn't know you are bending the port.

Edit - ninja'd

Box looks smaller than before. 19.5 went down to 18?

that is correct. ninja'd.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Archived