Jump to content

LOL @ The reviews on Sonic


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I was reading this review for this Boston Acoustics oval sub thing, and it was hilarious. Many reviews on that site are.

This sub can be found for $350. I bought mine with the 1 f^3 factory sealed enclosure, then cut an oval out of the back (opposite the driver) and installed the passive radiator (free +3db with dummy cone) tuned to 30hz (with supplied weights). I am powering it with an MTX 81000-D, birth sheet says 1308 watts rms into my subs 2ohm load. I have read the SPG can take 1800 watts rms. I don't doubt this, as I am shopping for a bigger amp now. I have the gain set for 51 volts at my max volume, which shows no clipping on my oscilloscope and equals 1300 watts on my 2 ohm Boston. Have not melted the coil at max volume yet. Max temp of the plastic on the outer ring of the outside of the voice coil (its perimeter) I have measured with a laser no contact thermometer is 212 F. It did not fail at that temp. I did melt the coil once with the same amp, but gain was set too high on a road trip (6hrs of Tech 9 and Mike Jones) and it was clipping the signal. I did not have and oscilloscope or volt meter (51v rms ='s 1300w) to set the gain on the road. The replacement surround and voice coil just keeps getting louder, and runs cooler. It has been about 2 months of listening at full volume Bass Mekaniks and still the spider is getting looser and the sub getting louder, and now runs at about 98F after HARD hitting tracks. I also blew the surround out once when my girl opened my truck at full volume, thus unloading the driver and allowing over excursion (stretching the foam surround excessively). Evidence it is getting louder: volume 24 was max voltage for the amp and listenable. Now, volume 18 hurts my ears. My left ear is ringing and popping during the day, and my girl friend says both her ears are waxing more and damaged. Also, the whole car is shaking now, window, seats, dash, sodas in the console. Also, DVD navigation disc in the trunk just skipped and wouldn't operate for the first time the other day. This sub was made to conquer the 13W7 (and I read it did), Boston is way underrated, and audiophile grade. That is why I bought this, is does not distort a note, and shakes my whole car, all for 1 cubic foot! The only other sub that could come close for 1 cubic foot per sub would be Premier SPL sub. Recommended 1.5 f^3 per 12". So, 2 x 12= 3 Premier SPL. Also, equals 3 SPG + 3 passive radiators, total, 3 cubic ft. Although, the RE XXX does recommend max of 1.1 cubic ft sealed for their 12", and JBL MKII 12" recommends 1 cubic ft for sealed 12. Can somebody produce a louder sub in 1 cubic ft that Boston with the SPG 555 teamed with the passive radiator (which increases output by 3db but doesn't affect box volume)?

I'm gonna hate

Posted

wow lol very nice

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

 

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

 

Posted

Here's another...

I bought two of these bad boys and threw em in a ported box. WOW

I have seen some bad reviews for BOSS subs. I was very worried about how they would sound once i got them.

Don't be fooled!

These subs are amazing! No need to go spend 400 bucks on some alpine subs when you can get these from Sonic for $64.

I am using a P8002 Fosgate amp running 2ohm at just under 600rms, they hit so hard i am afraid to turn it up all they way with my doors shut for fear of shattering a window in my 96' Honda civic.

>Boss subs

>2ch amp

>HONDA

"It's gonna break my windows, bro!"

lololol

I'm gonna hate

Posted

KICKER COMPVR BLEW MY WINDOWS OUT!, December 24, 2011

By

ICEMAN - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Kicker CompVR 07CVR124 12-Inch 4-Ohm DVC Subwoofer (Electronics)

I recently bought these kicker compvr's and let me tell you. I threw on the kickerZX1000 watt amp on full blast after i gave them a week of breaking in and getting fit just right. Soon as i flipped the knob up both my back windows cracked and fell out of my car. I love these babies. Now all the guys i went to school with that were talking about their "Big N Bad" can get to see my "Live N Loud" Kicker system and drop their jaws and how hard it pounds. You can hear me blocks away! Thanks kicker for making such quality piece. I truly owe you many thanks! Everybody!.....I'm LIVIN LOUD!

AMAZON reviews are worse! hahaha

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

So boss subs are the new fad ay? Lol.

They're are obviously the best. They are $40 because BOSS wants to share the awesome with the whole world!

I'm gonna hate

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2555 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...