i has no room for dual alts :[ but knuconcepts alt was just a cheapo ho unit i can get at orileys. ill figure somthing out. and price some welding cable. i know c fizzy has some fs

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

1800.2 power acoustic bamf

sealed box 2.3 cub each net

all in the trunk of a 98 grand am gt 4 dr

ok so singer alt and exsevise amperage have gotten back to me. singers unit is 220a with underdrive pully for $439 exsevis(sp) us a 200a for $355 which one would be a better buy with room for possibly 2 3k amps in future with batterys to support

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

look into Tenney Alternators

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

Mike Singer makes some great alts. I'd go with him over excessive amperage. I've dealt with Mike and he is very knowledgeable and will help you out if you have any problems or questions.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

alright well im probly guna go with the singer then even if it is almost a $100 more. but ima save up to try and get these subs before they sell then ill upgrade everything slowly. its hard to find a alt for a grand am with the 3.1( for some reason the lil 4 banger was the motor to have). so far my list is subs(will change if they sell before i get em), alt or welding cable, mids and highs( probly the polk audio mm series unless theres better for less) new wireing for that then amps and then new sub box. im kinda wanting to build a ported box but iv never done it and if ima be learnin then i wana try kerfing the port cause it looks so much better then just 90* angles

so i got a huge learnin curve ahead of me. even if i get the subs firs

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

stinger, mechman, dc power...

i dont think Stinger makes alternators. theuy make everything else for power but i dont think they actually make alts

try looking into DC power, excessive amperage, or Mike Singer

EDIT: becasue the 3.1 was an optional upgrade in the grand am's you will probably not find it on a Manufacturer's website. you will probably have to email them about it.

My bad, either a typpo or I was on crack. Haha, singer, stinger. My apologies.

alright well im probly guna go with the singer then even if it is almost a $100 more. but ima save up to try and get these subs before they sell then ill upgrade everything slowly. its hard to find a alt for a grand am with the 3.1( for some reason the lil 4 banger was the motor to have). so far my list is subs(will change if they sell before i get em), alt or welding cable, mids and highs( probly the polk audio mm series unless theres better for less) new wireing for that then amps and then new sub box. im kinda wanting to build a ported box but iv never done it and if ima be learnin then i wana try kerfing the port cause it looks so much better then just 90* angles

so i got a huge learnin curve ahead of me. even if i get the subs firs

building a port box? Get your dimensions along with what subs and amp, and I'm sure many on this forum will help you out with it.

Sheena = pedobear

i got the torres box calc downloaded. its just tryn to figure out how to work it and get the tuening right. but it may be a while before i can start my real build. car is making funny noises. changed out the cam sensor today and had to pull ps pump. now its pukein up all the ps fluid. so when i wake up around noon ill try and fix it hopefully before 4 when i go to work ok so i think i got the power sterring problem figured out. so system build is back on the front burner

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so its been a while but i got to workin on the car and rembered i have a surprise for you guys. I have decided finaal set up will be 2 dc xl 12's and 2 dc 3.5 ks. Been talkin to cody alot. But that isnt the surprise. The surprise is well im getting a cut sheet for a box made up. What type of box it is well thats the surprise :) it will be built for the xls specs and ill just use it for my cvrs for now. Shouldnt sound bad and should get louder then the box their in now.

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so the build is back on track now that my hours at work have changed, instead of going with the polk audo components and 6x9s i will be getting aq pro audio 6.5s and super tweets and their 6x9s and dusting off my old crossfire 35.4 amp to power them. And after that as life allows saving up for 2 dc xl 12s and 2 dc 3.5ks after i upgrade the cars eletrical and get it deaded with either lizard skin or peel nd seal. All in all i have some big purchasss to make on the car before stereo comes back in full swing, but updates should happen more ofteb now long as their is still intrest

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

Archived