Second Skin Audio

Box building tips.

MrEwubbsZ

the screws will act like clamps while the glue dries. so you'll want to screw it together before the glue dries. glue is your strength, screws are your clamps

I have question, do screws even need to be used if I have enough clamps?

ive heared you could clamp it, let the glue dry take the clamps off and your good but thats a hell of alot of clamps you'll need. i always use screws no matter what thats just me. some use nails others use staples.

what do you guys think would be the best way to draw/cut a hole with a jigsaw?

07AFE5E9-DF0E-463A-AF13-04B361A5FBC1.jpg

I used this method, may not be the best way. But it definitely sufficed. Just cut a stick of MDF, looked up the cutout diameter for the sub, then divided that by 2. So it was 7" plus whatever fraction is was. Whatever the radius was, I drilled a hole there then stuck a pencil in there and rotated the stick with the drill still in.

It's ghetto for sure, but it works.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

what do you guys think would be the best way to draw/cut a hole with a jigsaw?

07AFE5E9-DF0E-463A-AF13-04B361A5FBC1.jpg

I used this method, may not be the best way. But it definitely sufficed. Just cut a stick of MDF, looked up the cutout diameter for the sub, then divided that by 2. So it was 7" plus whatever fraction is was. Whatever the radius was, I drilled a hole there then stuck a pencil in there and rotated the stick with the drill still in.

It's ghetto for sure, but it works.

lol nice definitely going to be doing something like this.

For those struggling with straight cuts, if you only have a circ saw and not a bench saw, get yourself a couple of straight lengths of wood, few different lengths is best. Work out the distance from the edge of the base of the saw to the cut of the blade and with a couple of g clamps use your straight lengths of wood to clamp out the distance you measured from the blade and use the straight edge to run the base of the circ saw against the clamped wood when making the cut :) its not 100percent, but pretty dam close!

And if you plain and simple suck at cutting, grab yourself a belt sander and sand down the top so it all lines up

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

And if you plain and simple suck at cutting, grab yourself a belt sander and sand down the top so it all lines up

I just did a little bit of work today and i left about .125 on there and sanded it just to be safe. Thing is i didnt have belt sander so i did it with a sanding block and 60 grit paper

On the box im building now I glued, used brad nails instead of screws, 2 layers of 1.5 oz chop mat in each seam on the inside of the box and around 15' of 3/4" thread rod as bracing, should be fairly strong :mexsmoke:

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived