Sonic Electronix

How The Hell Do I Stop The Rattling?

So I got my 18 Fi fully loaded BL in my 1993 Hatchback Mustang...and now everything rattles....The inside of the doors......everything. My hatch is the worst. You can't dynomat the hatch...because it's where the hatch will flex....go up an inch or so, and then hit my car. And my spoiler rattles against my hatch. How the hell do I stop this? It gives me a headache when I listen to it. I have my sub pointed up and port pointing toward hatch. Would it will be loud if I pointed the port foward and sub up? WOuld it still be as loud? I know that would cut out a little bit of the spoiler and hatch rattling.

the couple stangs I have done have all flexed and rattled like crazy!!! the only thing you can really do is fill in the dead spots of the trunk lid, and trunk area ( that wont benefit from mat) with expando foam, and deaden the hell, with mat on everything else, but it will still flex and have some rattle. Other thing is to face the port and sub into the cab and seal the front of the box from the trunk.... just my .02 cents...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

check my sig. im a 1993 5.0 pro when it comes to this.

NO FOAM IN THE HATCH LID.

WHY?......... if your no careful, the shit with travel and fill all in the lock and latch area. i sent a ton of time and money fucking fixing it. and on top of it all, that lid is NOT the problem.

TRY: the pin that hooks onto the latch, lower that a bit so that you have to slam the hatch down with force to close the lid. that will help it be more air tight. i also added some 1/2 round foam to go on top of the weather stripping for more sealness.

also took the back interior pieces of to insulate behind the taillights where the wires are. that helps with vibration.

MY MAIN PROBLEM: i gutted the rear hatch area and dynamated the body. then i mounted the box on top so when i was at full tilt, the box was vibrating so hard, it was slapping the body.

so i fixed it by placing 1" rubber spacers under the box to give it that clearence.

your right. the hatch is the main issue. i got it as tight that i can get it and it will still move alot, but no rattle.

i can go take pics right now if you really need then. i hope this helps, because it helped me.

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

check my sig. im a 1993 5.0 pro when it comes to this.

NO FOAM IN THE HATCH LID.

WHY?......... if your no careful, the shit with travel and fill all in the lock and latch area. i sent a ton of time and money fucking fixing it. and on top of it all, that lid is NOT the problem.

TRY: the pin that hooks onto the latch, lower that a bit so that you have to slam the hatch down with force to close the lid. that will help it be more air tight. i also added some 1/2 round foam to go on top of the weather stripping for more sealness.

also took the back interior pieces of to insulate behind the taillights where the wires are. that helps with vibration.

MY MAIN PROBLEM: i gutted the rear hatch area and dynamated the body. then i mounted the box on top so when i was at full tilt, the box was vibrating so hard, it was slapping the body.

so i fixed it by placing 1" rubber spacers under the box to give it that clearence.

your right. the hatch is the main issue. i got it as tight that i can get it and it will still move alot, but no rattle.

i can go take pics right now if you really need then. i hope this helps, because it helped me.

He can use foam I have and never had an issue with the latch. WHY? because I took the time to seal that area off to keep the foam from getting in there. Now the pin/ latch idea is also great I forgot to mention that.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived