TylerParrish Posted August 26, 2012 Author Report Posted August 26, 2012 I wish you the best of luck man! I too was trying to become a Marine, but I failed the physical at MEPS. Sucks, but that's life, I'll find something else to do with it. i think im physically fit.....but then again, im gonna be mad if i fail as skinny as i am! What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
flashlight_65 Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 dont listen to me though im not in the marines im Army. i was just deployed with a bunch of marines on my last deployment so i got to learn about life on their side of the house. IMHO marines breed much better leaders than the army does. Ha, the extra month of boot camp makes all the difference xP I wasn't a born leader, that's for sure, maybe they can breed me into one though The best leaders are born followers. Learn all you can from your NCO's, and hope you have good ones. Take that knowledge and teach new soldiers/marines in the future when you have that chance. A-fuckin-men brother Take the good points from all your future/current leadership (mentoring, teaching, discipline, bearing, etc) tweak it and make it yours that way you have tools to build your future self and develop a better product than you were. But you have to learn "the game" before you can "play the game" My builds: my caddy my 'hoe friends impala
TylerParrish Posted August 30, 2012 Author Report Posted August 30, 2012 dont listen to me though im not in the marines im Army. i was just deployed with a bunch of marines on my last deployment so i got to learn about life on their side of the house. IMHO marines breed much better leaders than the army does. Ha, the extra month of boot camp makes all the difference xP I wasn't a born leader, that's for sure, maybe they can breed me into one though The best leaders are born followers. Learn all you can from your NCO's, and hope you have good ones. Take that knowledge and teach new soldiers/marines in the future when you have that chance. A-fuckin-men brother Take the good points from all your future/current leadership (mentoring, teaching, discipline, bearing, etc) tweak it and make it yours that way you have tools to build your future self and develop a better product than you were. But you have to learn "the game" before you can "play the game" I know, just signed up Tuesday....took my pre-asvab's there and was told if i score like that on the real one's, I'll be set for just about any job I want (scored an 80). I know for a fact that this is the best way to learn to stand on my own 2 feet and get the chance to have some form of power, duty, and responsibility. What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
flashlight_65 Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Kill My builds: my caddy my 'hoe friends impala
WastedTalent Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Well from what everyone's said, they don't say about the abuse lol. I'm sure it's the same across all branches during basic but prepare to be called names and told how you're worthless. But most importantly, remember that they can't touch you. So if one does? Go ahead and punch him. You may lose the battle, but you'll win the war. Seen many TI's get kicked out for harming trainees. Kid was in the stairwell, and you're supposed to move to the right for the TI. He didn't, or didn't move far enough over. TI got in his face and pushed him or something and so the kid punched the TI in the face. The kid just got talked to and the TI either was discharged or immediate job placement as something else. Haha. But all in all, as long as you don't do stupid stuff, you'll be fine. And by stupid stuff, I mean getting drunk in the barracks (or whatever Marines call em), throwing TV's off the 3rd floor onto the ground, breaking the stairwell lights, etc. Sadly, was friends with the kid who did all that and more (pushed over a port-a-potty, and the list goes on). As long as you act like a normal reasonable adult, you'll be fine. Sheena = pedobear
TylerParrish Posted August 30, 2012 Author Report Posted August 30, 2012 Well from what everyone's said, they don't say about the abuse lol. I'm sure it's the same across all branches during basic but prepare to be called names and told how you're worthless. But most importantly, remember that they can't touch you. So if one does? Go ahead and punch him. You may lose the battle, but you'll win the war. Seen many TI's get kicked out for harming trainees. Kid was in the stairwell, and you're supposed to move to the right for the TI. He didn't, or didn't move far enough over. TI got in his face and pushed him or something and so the kid punched the TI in the face. The kid just got talked to and the TI either was discharged or immediate job placement as something else. Haha. But all in all, as long as you don't do stupid stuff, you'll be fine. And by stupid stuff, I mean getting drunk in the barracks (or whatever Marines call em), throwing TV's off the 3rd floor onto the ground, breaking the stairwell lights, etc. Sadly, was friends with the kid who did all that and more (pushed over a port-a-potty, and the list goes on). As long as you act like a normal reasonable adult, you'll be fine. I've never been the kind to act up that badly....done some stupid things, but was never that much of a dumbass! And it can't be any worse than some of the shit my mom's put me through over the years (she would make a great drill sergeant when she gets in one of her "moods").....all in all, am i mentally prepared? no, am i physically prepared? no will i back down and pussy out? no That being said, I'm ready for whatever can be dished out xD What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
flashlight_65 Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Ahhh, the bricks. As for words of wisdom about basic. Shit, it's all mental. All the names you'll be called and the sweat you'll pour are to see if you have the mental fortitude. Unfortunately a lot slip through the cracks. Today's Corps isn't what it was 5 years ago. If a kid can't handle the "GANGWAY DRILL INSTRUCTOR!" one arms distance stiff arm scenario then what can you expect when he gets "turtle fucked" when he's caught sleeping on post. I don't know what happened between the TI and kid but I feel the kid was wrong. Trust me when I say this (and im sure Orion, N8 and all the other bubbas serving/served on here) if a boot came to the unit with that attitude or did that?! Sheeeeit, it would get real emotional real quick. My builds: my caddy my 'hoe friends impala
flashlight_65 Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 You'll be fine Parrish, Congratulations, 03 you made it. My builds: my caddy my 'hoe friends impala
TylerParrish Posted August 30, 2012 Author Report Posted August 30, 2012 Ahhh, the bricks. As for words of wisdom about basic. Shit, it's all mental. All the names you'll be called and the sweat you'll pour are to see if you have the mental fortitude. Unfortunately a lot slip through the cracks. Today's Corps isn't what it was 5 years ago. If a kid can't handle the "GANGWAY DRILL INSTRUCTOR!" one arms distance stiff arm scenario then what can you expect when he gets "turtle fucked" when he's caught sleeping on post. I don't know what happened between the TI and kid but I feel the kid was wrong. Trust me when I say this (and im sure Orion, N8 and all the other bubbas serving/served on here) if a boot came to the unit with that attitude or did that?! Sheeeeit, it would get real emotional real quick. My mind's already fucked up enough as it is.....but shit, I listened to Justin Beiber a few times, if i can make it through that, then i can sure as hell make it through boot camp! xD I'm not the kind to pull any stupid bull shit like that, I'm more the kind to do what I'm told, when I'm told, in a timely manner, and to the best of my ability. This is what I was meant to do, along with many others. It's a challenge I;m more than willing to take What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
WastedTalent Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Ahhh, the bricks. As for words of wisdom about basic. Shit, it's all mental. All the names you'll be called and the sweat you'll pour are to see if you have the mental fortitude. Unfortunately a lot slip through the cracks. Today's Corps isn't what it was 5 years ago. If a kid can't handle the "GANGWAY DRILL INSTRUCTOR!" one arms distance stiff arm scenario then what can you expect when he gets "turtle fucked" when he's caught sleeping on post. I don't know what happened between the TI and kid but I feel the kid was wrong. Trust me when I say this (and im sure Orion, N8 and all the other bubbas serving/served on here) if a boot came to the unit with that attitude or did that?! Sheeeeit, it would get real emotional real quick. Definitely is mental. Just like sports. 80% mental, 20% physical. Some crap like that. If you can handle being called names and all that, well you got most of it beat. But as for that kid and the TI, it wasn't just like the TI pushed him. It had more to the story which I forget. Sheena = pedobear
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.