Music Questions and Ipod Help Please.

Hey guys so i have a couple questions. well i have been using audacity to see if my music is clipped and well a lot of it actually is which is sad because i even purchased some of it on itunes. But is it fine to have a little clipping or NONE at all? and where can i get some clean music. where do you get your music? secondly you know how Ipods have EQs in them with different sounds like ROCK BASS FLAT and such. do you keep it on flat to prevent further clipping or does it not matter? I will have my system Checked with a DD-1 when my amp comes in. Please let me know guys thanks.

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

djs and music producers dont produce music just for car audio so they arent worried about clipping as much as tey should be. Clipping is OK IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR PLAYING AND PLAY IT ACCORDINGLY... So say when a songs low frequency waves are sqaured off don't play bass at full tilt.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

Audacity does not show the clipping you're looking for. So if a song has a lot of red in it, it might not be as bad as you think. As for the iPod its better to play it threw usb rather than aux.

edit: A better way to find clipping would be to play a song with the scope visualization in wmp. Look for flats and plateaus for clipping.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Audacity does not show the clipping you're looking for. So if a song has a lot of red in it, it might not be as bad as you think. As for the iPod its better to play it threw usb rather than aux.

edit: A better way to find clipping would be to play a song with the scope visualization in wmp. Look for flats and plateaus for clipping.

i play my ipod through a usb and pioneer does not let me turn the ipod down or up. and is the scope visualization a setting in audacity?

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

windows media player

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

i play my ipod through a usb and pioneer does not let me turn the ipod down or up. and is the scope visualization a setting in audacity?

you use the volume knob on the headunit to turn it up or down....the ipod is just a source of music. the headunit is where you're supposed to control everything.

Archived