Second Skin Audio

ported box questions.

GioRF

Hi im making this topic cause im new to ported boxes. I have always used my subs in sealed boxes but i paid someone to make 2 ported boxes that could fit the trunk of my corolla. He ended up making the boxes of 2.05 cu.ft. Internal and tuned to 40 hz. But after sub displacement they end up being 1.86 cu.ft. And tuned to 42 hz. The subs are old fosgates 15s power hx2 series and the recomended enclosure by Rockford is 3.5 cu.ft. With 4 round ports of 4 by 18. My first question is; will they be ok at that box being almost half of the recomended space? Second question; Will they play low and loud being tuned at 42 hz? And third question is; will a subsonic filter of 35 hz be ok for a box tuned to 42hz? 35hz its the highest frequency and 20 hz the lowest on my 3sixty. Thanks for every help i can get. And i made this topic HERE cause i made one in the WRONG section. Sorry!

I didnt understood! I have two ported boxes, one for each sub. I want to know by experience and knowledge if they will work well with my subs tuned at 42 hz, if they will play low and loud and if they will be ok with a 35 hz subsonic being in a box tuned to 42hz. Thanks!

I didnt understood! I have two ported boxes, one for each sub. I want to know by experience and knowledge if they will work well with my subs tuned at 42 hz, if they will play low and loud and if they will be ok with a 35 hz subsonic being in a box tuned to 42hz. Thanks!

You want to listen to that.. fine.. share... the SSF at 35Hz is fine specially since the boxes are undersized.

Thanks Joe x! And could you please tell me if my subs will work ok in those boxes? Its just that i cant compromise the whole trunk. Cause i use the car for long trips too and if i have to go to somewhere with my family i just take out the boxes and put everything in the trunk and lets go! Sorry but im not so good at english. Hope you understand my explanation! Thanks! Ohhh and about the subsonic; so they should not bottom out at the 35 hz setting? Thanks again bro!

It's ok to have 2 boxes if that helps you avoid building inside the trunk but with a net volume so low and an tuning so high you will not get deep bass and will sound tight and peaky.. if you like it good for you.. the subsonic filter is fine at 35Hz in that setup.

normally a box with a higher net can be tuned higher and still go as low as a smaller box with a low tune,

the high net won't allow a 7-10hz difference but will allow a 2-5hz quite oftener,

if you post some meserments of you area and the door opening we might be able to help out with some option that may suit your needs better

Archived