Newer Videos Of Big J's Burb

• 5 weeks later...

even with my voltage bein in tha low 12's [glow=red,2,300]i pulled off a 151.4 @ 40hz[/glow] but im not done with all of my adjustments i just finished the install last sunday when i get my new alts and finish adjusting it [glow=red,2,300]i hope to be around 155ish [/glow] if i touch 155 ill b the happiest man in the OK state and not to mention one of the loudest street riders too  ;D

That would be a huge jump/gain going from 151 to 155.

Big, that's a nice install you have there man. It looks a lot like Steve's. Very neat. It shows that you pay close attention to detail. I like that. You said that you are having voltage probs... I'm interested in how your connections from your alts to your batteries are. Care to clear that up for me?

Again, I love the install man. Even if you don't hit '55, '51 is still plenty and will still pound-tha-ground.  :^

looks nice but theres no way you will gain 4dbs by getting another alt. and was this score legal? on the tl?

also, 4 300amp alts wont do much if you dont have the battery power to back them up.

well as far as my power goes im goin to take one 300+ amp alt and dedicate it to my  truck and internal componets such as the  headunit,audiocontrol equiptment,etc and also my mids/highs amps and that alt will be charging 4 1000 cranking amp batts now the other 3 300+ amp alts will be charging 4 kenetic 2600 amp batts that will be running nothing but my sub amps and i know that will solve my power probs now as for my 4 db gain im not sure if i can but i have found several probs to fix and i know when i do i will gain db's 1 prob i have is my rear doors leak alot of air they move atleast an inch when im beatin i didnt know that it was that bad until we had a bad snow and ice storm last week i went out to my truck and was lettin my lil homie hear my beats and after about 20 -30 secs his mouth was dropped open and he was like look at your box man when i looked back damn near my whole box waz covered in snow and ice i was like WTF so when the snow melted a few days later i went out to my truck and started beatin man it looked like king kong was in my truck kickin my rear doors so now im on a mission to seal up my burb every door and opening and after that ima finally adjust my shit all my amps are turned waaay down and my audiocontrol equiptment is set as it was outta tha box so jus give my a lil time to get to dom in TENN, seal it up ,and finish adjusting it and we'll see if i get my 155  ;)

Big, that's a nice install you have there man. It looks a lot like Steve's. Very neat. It shows that you pay close attention to detail. I like that. You said that you are having voltage probs... I'm interested in how your connections from your alts to your batteries are. Care to clear that up for me?

Again, I love the install man. Even if you don't hit '55, '51 is still plenty and will still pound-tha-ground.  :^

well i own a shop so my shit gotta look nice and neat and i have 4 runs of 0ga wire from my alts to the 8 batts in the back and i have a 12ga bus bar with two runs of 0ga straight to my frame for my groundsPosted Image trust me its done rite man the prob it not havein enough amperage check this i have 2 220 amp alts so thats a total of 440 amps well it takes about 10 amps to charge each batt you have and i have 9 so thats -90 now im left with 350 amps take 20-30 to run the truck and the internal comps so i got 320 left now i have 3 1600 watt amps 4 my mids that according to the manual pull about 45 amps max each so lets say i pull half of that since its only running mids thats still 68 amps total so now im left with about 250 amps and my lil 1000 watt for my highs might pull 15 amps so that leaves me with 235 amps for my 6 2000 watt sub amps that according to the manual bridged RMS power consumption will be a 72 amp current draw per amp so thats a 432 amp draw alone and all i have to give em is about 235  :'(  so my batts are takein a beatin anyway sorry for the looong drawn out explanation but it might help future readers understand y they have power probs

Archived