Sundown Audio

p400.4 going into protect wtf?

BEEMDUB

there is your problem

x2. 1 ohm will definitely cause it to protect.

Alright well just went out there and came back in because shit is hitting the fan and im too tired to fuck around with it tonight lol

So apparently the 6x9s are actually 2 ohm...wtf, so I wired each 6x9 and 6.5 in series...Got a final load of 6 ohms on my left rear channel...all is good ..or so I thought...Then I do the same to the right channel, wire em in series and get 9ohms...WTF..And heres where it gets even weirder, in the left channel with the correct load only the 6.5 up front played but the 6x9 didnt..And on the right channel with the high ass 9.0 load both speakers played just fine..weird shit is goin on

Pull that crap out and start over with new stuff, get a pair of badass comps up front and forget the rears and you'll be miles ahead of where you are now and if the fronts are drowned out then get a second set and that should more than be capable of keeping up with what you have going on.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Pull that crap out and start over with new stuff, get a pair of badass comps up front and forget the rears and you'll be miles ahead of where you are now and if the fronts are drowned out then get a second set and that should more than be capable of keeping up with what you have going on.

if only I had the funds to do such a thing right now :boo:

Well idk wtf I was doin wrong last night but I wired it all in series this morning and got a little over 8 ohms on each side of the rear channel and all 4 speakers playing sooo i guess I'm all good just gotta turn up my rear gain more theyre way to quiet now at the same setting as before I noticed on the way home lol

Archived