saz1500d v1 - stock wiring ok? or second battery/big3 ??

my gains are set with the dd1 with the -5 tone.i am reading my voltage straight from the amp

now i have to wonder why my voltage is dropping so low..... >_>

gains might be set to high man

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

That cigarette lighter voltage meter is bull shit for one, and secondly, maxing out your gain and bass boost does not make it louder, it clips and distorts, which can actually make it quieter and will make it shit out faster in the long run, i hope that amp lasts for you because it's internals are prolly gonna go to shit pretty fast if u keep the settings like that.

my gains are set with the dd1 with the -5 tone.i am reading my voltage straight from the amp

yeah man. the guy I bought the amp from had the bass boost and gain maxed out on this amp with everything stock and 1/0 wiring (I think) and he never dropped past 13v with the cigarette lighter voltage meter

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

You need minimum of big three and a battery in back to efficiently power that amp, I know, I've done about half a dozen installs using those amps

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

That cigarette lighter voltage meter is bull shit for one, and secondly, maxing out your gain and bass boost does not make it louder, it clips and distorts, which can actually make it quieter and will make it shit out faster in the long run, i hope that amp lasts for you because it's internals are prolly gonna go to shit pretty fast if u keep the settings like that.

yeah man. the guy I bought the amp from had the bass boost and gain maxed out on this amp with everything stock and 1/0 wiring (I think) and he never dropped past 13v with the cigarette lighter voltage meter

I never use bass boost, and the gain is on 3/4. that's just what the guy had when he demo'd it. the subs didn't sound bad either.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

You need minimum of big three and a battery in back to efficiently power that amp, I know, I've done about half a dozen installs using those amps

What battery would you recommend? Can I just get any cheap battery or does it need to have a certain amount of cranking amps, etc?

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

What battery would you recommend? Can I just get any cheap battery or does it need to have a certain amount of cranking amps, etc?

no, any cheap battery wont work

an xs power d3400/s3400 will work well

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

I never use bass boost, and the gain is on 3/4. that's just what the guy had when he demo'd it. the subs didn't sound bad either.

i would turn that gain downnnn, you may be clipping it.

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

might be, I'm not sure, have my gain just under half, no bass boost, and i normally never play at full tilt, keep it about half way on the on the bass knob.

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

might be, I'm not sure, have my gain just under half, no bass boost, and i normally never play at full tilt, keep it about half way on the on the bass knob.

well like I said, I think this box is 1cube too big and was meant for higher RMS than the sub can handle

ive got less or equal than the sub can handle so I think that's why I have it at 3/4.

I think my first step will be a smaller box. maybe 2.5 cubes? smaller would accommodate for lower power handling right?

Archived